John Butler Trio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : John Butler Trio

Duds
03-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Anyone heard this cd yet, titled "Sunrise Over Sea"? I saw them on TV the other night and it caught my attention, the only problem was i only caught one song. I got the disc today, its a very interesting disc. Kinda bluesy, folky, acoustic rock. Not quite sure how to describe it to be honest. I'm only two songs into it though and i think I like it!!

Davey
03-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey Duds, I heard a song on the radio the other day and thought it sounded pretty cool. Actually waited for a minute in the parking lot to find out who it was. Guess they're getting a big commercial push as I've noticed ads all over the place since then. Some nice sounding slide guitar and they're pretty tight. Good vocal too. Nice mix of styles. Probably be huge. I guess they already are in their native Australia. I don't really have very good luck with music that gets played on the radio, though. Seems like I listen to it a couple times and get tired of it, or something like that. Guess what it comes down to today is that if it gets played on the radio it can't be very interesting, at least that seems to usually be the case for me :)

But keep us posted because I bet a bunch of people around here would probably like it if the rest of the album is as good as what I heard on the radio.

Duds
03-31-2005, 05:08 AM
Hey Davey - There's definitely some good slide guitar on the cd, and some really cool tunes. I ended up getting a little bored with the cd eventually, it clocks in at 1 hour 16 minutes. Overall not too bad of a disc though, it definitely has its own sound and I think some people on this board would really enjoy it.