A few more Denon Questions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A few more Denon Questions

hershon
03-30-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm still unclear on the following and would appreciate any assistance here on the Denon 3801 receiver or Denon receivers in general if my questions are applicable to most of their models.

1. Is the factory decible crossover default on the 3801 receiver set to 75? If so, how do I get my settings to revert back to this level as I don't seem to see anything in the set up menu with this (everything relating to DB's seems to go from +12 to -12)?

2. Is the subwoofer default on the receiver suppose to be 80? If so, again how do I enter this on the receivers settings?

3. Is there a dynamic range adjuster on the receiver for simple 5 channel natural sound as I want to make sure mine is set to minimum?

4. Exactly how does the test channel levels exactly suppose to work as I don't understand that either.

I tried calling Denon 2 days ago and they have the worst customer service department and or work force I've ever heard of in my life, for any business enterprise. You call their numbers up and I swear to God, half the time there is nothing, not even a recorded number, 40% you get a recorded message saying they'll call you back but they don't & it is impossible to get any human help there whatsoever. I finally after an hour managed to get one of their Idiot Operators with a capital I, and this idiot stated, I kid you not, there was only one customer service representitive for the whole entire corporation and they had left (it was about 2:00 EST) for the day. I reitierated, your telling me for a multi million dollar company, you have all of one person to provide for customer service on their products and this idiot stated yes. This makes about as much sense as the war in Iraq!

shokhead
03-30-2005, 07:30 AM
When you do the speaker setup on the denon,it will set the master to zero and then you set each speaker level to where you want them,around 75db. If you have sub x over down the menu,you set it. Call me if you want this afternoon and i'll walk you through your menu as its not to diff from mine.

hershon
03-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks Appreciate it as I still don't know what you're talking about because I don't see anything that goes above 12 dbs on the set up Please email me your number thank you
When you do the speaker setup on the denon,it will set the master to zero and then you set each speaker level to where you want them,around 75db. If you have sub x over down the menu,you set it. Call me if you want this afternoon and i'll walk you through your menu as its not to diff from mine.

shokhead
03-30-2005, 08:37 AM
75db on the radio shack spl meter that yopu should have for setup.

jimmymagick
03-30-2005, 11:22 AM
I only skimmed your message but it seems you have a lot of the same questions I did when I was initially setting up my Denon AVR 2300. (Denon makes great gear but it seems their manuals are a very bad translation from the Japanese.)

Take a look at
http://www.usa.denon.com/support/faqs_ht.asp

You may not find all the setup information you need but I guarantee you'll find a lot of the answers there.

Good luck.

hershon
03-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Will look at this later thanks. Hope your Denon is working out for you. The 3801 receiver I've got seems to produce the best sound I ever heard with my Hardmon Kardon 31 DVD player. I lucked out and got it for $450 with shipping in excellent condition using the buy it now option on Ebay. I figured for that amount of money it was worth the risk. I had earlier bought for about $1000 a Denon 2105 receiver and Denon DVD player and I thought the sound sucked with that combo. I can't understand how Denon can make great products but has horrible customer service. They finally called back 2 days later and left a message on my phone not even identifying themselves as Denon just "This is the Customer Service Office returning your call." Brilliant!

I only skimmed your message but it seems you have a lot of the same questions I did when I was initially setting up my Denon AVR 2300. (Denon makes great gear but it seems their manuals are a very bad translation from the Japanese.)

Take a look at
http://www.usa.denon.com/support/faqs_ht.asp

You may not find all the setup information you need but I guarantee you'll find a lot of the answers there.

Good luck.