Speaker Delay by adjusting distance in setup menu question?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Delay by adjusting distance in setup menu question??

MCF
03-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Noobie question...if you want to decrease the delay of a speaker (say the center channel so the dialogue gets to your listening position sooner), and you can only adjust distance from listening position to speaker (not actual ms) in the reciever setup, should you increase or decrease the distance from the listening position in the setup menu to decrease the delay? It seems to me that you would want to increase the distance for a specific speaker in the setup menu to decrease the delay for that speaker. Any advice?

shokhead
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Why dont you want it right?

hershon
03-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Why dont you want it right?

Yeah why, I gots to know.

MCF
03-28-2005, 02:44 PM
and maybe if I adjust the delay to the center channel (reduce it by increasing the distance) it will help some with the dialogue....

shokhead
03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I think it will cause more problems. When i watch movies,its always lower from the center. I st it a db or 2 higher and just play movies louder. Make sure all that other stuff is off, night mode and and other stuff,leave off. Think about it,at the movies you hear them talking fine but then the other stuff pops up and its pretty loud.