Wilco + Bright Eyes/My Morning Jacket on Austin City Limits. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wilco + Bright Eyes/My Morning Jacket on Austin City Limits.

Swish
03-28-2005, 10:12 AM
I was flipping thru the channels on Saturday night after watching the NCAA playoffs and when I got to the PBS Hi-Def channel, I see Jeff Tweedy and company on stage and playing the opening track from "Ghosts...". It was a great 30 minute show that covered about 5 tunes I think. Next up was Bright Eyes who did two solo tunes on his Martin acoustice, and then a couple tunes with members of My Morning Jacket, including Golden.

I'm not sure about this Bright Eyes fella. While he plays with a lot of intnesity and all, he seems to be fairly pretentious, and his voice goes into this vibrato mode at times, and that's kind of a turnoff for me. If you like vibrato in your vocals, fine, but I don't care for it.
It was nice to see My Morning Jacket though, although it was a bit watered-down with Bright Eyes sharing the stage.

Anyway, I need to catch more of these shows on PBS, especially if they have artists of this caliber on. The HD channel is also top-notch, by the way.

Swish

Finch Platte
03-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure about this Bright Eyes fella. While he plays with a lot of intnesity and all, he seems to be fairly pretentious, and his voice goes into this vibrato mode at times, and that's kind of a turnoff for me. If you like vibrato in your vocals, fine, but I don't care for it.
It was nice to see My Morning Jacket though, although it was a bit watered-down with Bright Eyes sharing the stage.
Swish

That's what I've heard: http://obner.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5386&sid=fc3323eef14d5a8a37bac88d2360df45

Still kinda like the stuff. Time will tell.

fp