Kiki & Herb [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kiki & Herb

Stone
03-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Anyone else here familiar with these guys? They're basically a lounge act, one of which is in drag. Their 2-CD live set Will Die For You is a blast and in addition to a lot of stories and anecdotes, some of which lead into the songs, it includes covers of the following, just for example:

Decemberists
Suicidal Tendencies
Joy Division
Kate Bush
The Singing Nun
Prince
Pink Floyd
Spiritualized

I bet these guys are just a riot to see live, and this is recommended if you're looking for something different and really fun.

Dusty Chalk
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
No, but since I've been in a covers mood lately, it sounds like something I should investigate. Thanks for bringing it up.

paper warrior
03-31-2005, 10:53 AM
since everything else been invented already. The album I heard was "Lounge Against the Machine" by somebody called Richard Cheese who owes his act on Bill Murray character on SNL. "Another dazzling set of selections from the the Great American Songbook" by Limp bizkit, Rage Against the Machine, Sublime, U2, Radiohead, Beastie Boys, Garbage, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dead Kennedys and more.
Makes the fricken swear words sound so weird and surreal.
The drummer Buddy Gouda proves that you don't need 3 speeds- fast, faster and fastest to be a great drummer. Either that or he has a really nice kit.

Dusty Chalk
03-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a machine.

paper warrior
04-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Must be a really good machine.