Autolux anyone? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Autolux anyone?

Killroy
03-25-2005, 07:29 PM
I've had the privelage of just hearing this trio for the first time last week. Since then I can't stop listening. A cross between My Bloody Valentine and maybe Smashing Pumpkins, it brings me back to the 90's listeing to them. Very fresh stuff, especially now with all these Mall Punk bands. Greg Edwards from Failure is the guitarist for this band.

I highly recommend listening to these guys (er 1 girl..the drummer) and checking them out.

Slosh
03-25-2005, 08:20 PM
. . . until like four or five weeks ago. You'll have to move faster around here unless you're sick of being pretty/ sick of being cool (Les Savy Fav reference - nothing at all to do with Autolux) :cool:
I've had the privelage of just hearing this trio for the first time last week. Since then I can't stop listening. A cross between My Bloody Valentine and maybe Smashing Pumpkins, it brings me back to the 90's listeing to them. Very fresh stuff, especially now with all these Mall Punk bands. Greg Edwards from Failure is the guitarist for this band.

I highly recommend listening to these guys (er 1 girl..the drummer) and checking them out.

-Jar-
03-25-2005, 08:33 PM
. . . until like four or five weeks ago. You'll have to move faster around here unless you're sick of being pretty/ sick of being cool (Les Savy Fav reference - nothing at all to do with Autolux) :cool:

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised you like them Mr. Slosh. I guess it has to do with who *I* think their influences are. I'm starting to "get" more what Autolux is doing, but there are still times through the album that they totally hit 100% on that classic Sonic Youth sound circa DAYDREAM NATION and GOO. I guess I didn't think you were much of a fan of that sound. The MBV thing isn't as obvious to me, if it's there it's more ISN'T ANYTHING than LOVELESS. But it's rockin' good stuff regarless.

On a side, I definately think my next purchase is going to be the new Decemberists. I heard a cut on college radio today and it was goo-goo-ood..

-jar

Davey
03-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah, me too! Or is that me four? Picked it up at Christmas and enjoying it ever since. Welcome to our little community :)

Dusty Chalk
03-25-2005, 11:39 PM
I had to try it several times before I finally got it, but I dig it now.

Finch Platte
03-26-2005, 04:10 AM
Why is that?

fp

Jim Clark
03-26-2005, 07:20 AM
I just listened to a copy of the show listed below. It was my first experience with the band and I thought it was decent enough. Only listened once so far and to be honest the Bloc Party CD is going to take the majority of my listens over the weekend but I'm sure I'll find time to revisit it during the drive to Omaha.

Autolux
March 1, 2005
Cat's Cradle
Carrboro, NC

01 - Capital Kind of Strain
02 - Plantlife
03 - Sugarless
04 - Blanket
05 - Asleep at the Trigger
06 - Turnstile Blues
07 - Reappearing

jc