Does a digipak release of spock's beard "snow" even exist? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does a digipak release of spock's beard "snow" even exist?

Kaboom
03-24-2005, 02:46 PM
no more message really, sjust that i like digipaks... i guess i am, like snow, somewhat of a freak

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2005, 03:05 PM
no more message really, sjust that i like digipaks... i guess i am, like snow, somewhat of a freak

My copy is kind of a digipak...not really...but kinda.

It's like a little book. It's bound. It has a sleeve in front for CD1 and a sleeve in back for CD2 and in-between is a nice glossy bound book with all the lyrics. It's very nice packaging.

DarrenH
03-24-2005, 03:10 PM
My copy is kind of a digipak...not really...but kinda.

It's like a little book. It's bound. It has a sleeve in front for CD1 and a sleeve in back for CD2 and in-between is a nice glossy bound book with all the lyrics. It's very nice packaging.

That's what I have too.

It was a limited edition thing. You still may be able to find it packaged this way.

Good luck.

Edit: Octane was initially package this way as well.

Troy
03-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I have that same package. $10 and it's yours.

paiva(at)designshed.com

Dave_G
03-24-2005, 06:37 PM
10 bucks is a good deal.

Dave

Dusty Chalk
03-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Ditto to the "that's what I have" and ditto to the "that's a good deal".

I need to get Octane yet.

Kaboom
03-25-2005, 12:22 PM
shure its a good deal. shame the shipping to spain aint gonna be that cheap. however if i'm unable to find it in that packaging around here i'll be MOST interested. how are the CDs? and the packaging? you can pm me about it or the moderators will start complaining about us using the forum as a marketplace...

Troy
03-25-2005, 04:18 PM
shure its a good deal. shame the shipping to spain aint gonna be that cheap. however if i'm unable to find it in that packaging around here i'll be MOST interested. how are the CDs? and the packaging? you can pm me about it or the moderators will start complaining about us using the forum as a marketplace...

I always forget to look at the PM thing. It's too small and unnoticable.

It's the gatefold booklet thing. Inside Out did a bunch of CDs like this a few years ago. There's a Flower Kings title, an Ayreon title and others that look like this too. It's imaculate, and boring as hell.

Ship to spain, yeah, about 5 bucks probably. The slow way.

paiva(at)designshed.com if you just gotta has it, but you could probably find it cheaper, closer.

Kaboom
03-25-2005, 04:28 PM
ok ok i emailed you.
apparently everyone shares the same feelings? does everyone think is boring? i personally think its one of the most amazing pieces of music i own!
cheers!

Troy
03-25-2005, 06:35 PM
I really like the band's first 3 albums. Then they started repeating themselves.

I find the Snow story trite and juvenile, but that's just me. It's corny.

the whole album feels reallllly stretched out to fit 2 CDs. It should have been edited to a single, more cohesive disc. It just drones on and on.

Dusty Chalk
03-25-2005, 11:32 PM
apparently everyone shares the same feelings? does everyone think is boring?I think it's their best work. Not disagreeing with Troy -- I'm just coming from a different direction. I pretty much got into them all at once, and find their early work are pretty samey, but I also got into it all at once. Snow was the first one that I really got into on its own, so that may have a lot to do with it.

Also, I'm nowhere near a lyrics person, so I'm not as distracted by the story as other people are. But sometimes I do like a classic story, even if it's been done before.