Hooking Up Components [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hooking Up Components

cadolfan
12-26-2003, 07:56 AM
How do you hook all these components up with out an A/V reciever. I've listed all the possible connectors from each component.

RCA DirecTV Satillite:
S video
Video 1 & 2 RCA
Audio1 L & R RCA
Audio2 L & R RCA
Out To TV
In from ANT
Satillite In

Television:
Femle 75ohm
S video
Video Audio In L & R RCA
Video Audio Out L & R RCA

VCR:
Video In and Out
Audio Out L & R
Audio In L& R
Ant In
Out to Ant

DVD:
White and Red RCA
Green, Blue, Red and Yellow RCA
Yellow video
S video

This Guy
12-26-2003, 09:08 AM
just read your manual it will tell you what to do. I'd tell you what to do, but it will be easier reading the manual, plus I don't know what inputs you have on your tv, If you somehow lost the manuals, tell me what inputs you have on the tv.

-Joey

recoveryone
12-26-2003, 10:22 AM
How do you hook all these components up with out an A/V reciever. I've listed all the possible connectors from each component.

RCA DirecTV Satillite:
S video
Video 1 & 2 RCA
Audio1 L & R RCA
Audio2 L & R RCA
Out To TV
In from ANT
Satillite In

Television:
Femle 75ohm
S video
Video Audio In L & R RCA
Video Audio Out L & R RCA

VCR:
Video In and Out
Audio Out L & R
Audio In L& R
Ant In
Out to Ant

DVD:
White and Red RCA
Green, Blue, Red and Yellow RCA
Yellow video
S video

From what you have listed, you need a AV receiver. Just to handle each unit at it optimal level. Lets start with the Sat:

use the S-video from it to the TV (best picture level you have)
After that I would suggest you go out and get Audio/Video selector and get one that has at least S-video inputs. Most stores have them (Wal-mart, K-mart Target and good old Radio Shack). I picked one up for my kids (3 & 6 yrolds) and used it with their Playstation and VCR on a older 25" TV with just "F" jack connector.

I still recommed getting a AV Receiver even if its just older DPL kind. For the price of the AV connector and all the cables (around $50 guessing). You could get a starter AV Receiver and atleast get surround sound. And be able to connect the DVD and VCR to it and have only one line going out to the TV (S-video or Composite) if you use the out to TV Cable from Sat to TV. IMHO