Help posting charts/graphs etc [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help posting charts/graphs etc

toenail
03-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I have a few BFD curves that I'd like to post but have yet to grasp the process. Anyone care to walk me through it? They are saved in the original excel file that I downloaded from Sonnie Parker. I tried to copy and paste the graph but it doesn't follow from the excel file to this browser window.

Woochifer
03-23-2005, 06:43 PM
You need to convert that chart to an image file first. If you use imaging software like Photoshop or Paintshop, you can paste Excel charts into those programs and then save the file as a GIF or JPEG formatted file. Can't do that just using a web browser.

Afterwards, you can either post it to a web directory (if you have a website) and link to that in the body of your message using vB tags, or upload it using the "Attach Files" function when posting a message on this site.

toenail
03-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Any suggestions for software to acomplish this task? I apparently don't have P-shop or equivalent. I was able to save the chart to Word but file is too large to post. If I try to save as bitmap or other image it won't allow for it because it's a .doc file. Anything free on the web I can download?

Woochifer
03-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Any suggestions for software to acomplish this task? I apparently don't have P-shop or equivalent. I was able to save the chart to Word but file is too large to post. If I try to save as bitmap or other image it won't allow for it because it's a .doc file. Anything free on the web I can download?

Don't know. Paintshop used to be a shareware program that you could download, but I'm not sure that you can do that now without buying the software. Maybe you can track down an older version somewhere. I primarily use Photoshop Essentials, which is the same thing as the full version of Photoshop, except that it costs about $400 less, uses a less publication-friendly way of rendering color, and can't accept all plug-ins. Other freebie imaging tools came with my digital camera. The photo editor that comes with MS Office also allows for some limited image format conversions as well.

toenail
03-25-2005, 03:04 AM
I have MS office and the Imaging software that accompanies it. Every time I try to open the file from Imagine it says it can't because it's the wrong format. Same with the editing software for my scanner. I'll have to look a bit deeper.

E-Stat
03-25-2005, 05:54 AM
I have MS office and the Imaging software that accompanies it. Every time I try to open the file from Imagine it says it can't because it's the wrong format. Same with the editing software for my scanner. I'll have to look a bit deeper.
Use Photo Editor to save the image in a jpeg format. Most Office installations typically don't include it, but is available on the distribution disk. I use Photo Editor all the time for simple resizing and orientation tasks.

rw

toenail
03-25-2005, 12:30 PM
You may have just shed some light on something I always wondered about. It seemed like I was missing a bunch of stuff from my MS Office suite when I got my computer 4 years ago. I wonder if there's a bunch of stuff on the disc that was never installed initially. Thanks for the tip.

toenail
03-25-2005, 02:32 PM
I found Photo Editor but can't see a way to select the chart area from the excel file and open it or edit in with the Editor software.