Eichmann Bullet Plug? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Eichmann Bullet Plug?

Shwamdoo
03-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Have any of you guys used the Eichmann Bullet Plug RCA connectors? What were your experiences with them?

I have been using them for the past week on some interconnects which I made out of some Vampire Wire. I have been impressed with the performance. I compared this interconnect with my Kimber Timbre, a Transparent Link 200, and another Vampire Wire interconnect that I terminated with Vampire Wire banana plugs. So far, the Vampire Wire with Bullet Plugs has been the top performer. A little odd since I made it for about half the price of the Kimber and the Transparent.

psonic
03-23-2005, 10:10 PM
No but I read good things about bullet plugs. What is vampire wire and how do you get it? I may try that some time, I will need some interconnects for my phono section soon.

Shwamdoo
03-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Vampire wire is a company that sells audio cables out of Lutz, Florida. They are one of the few companies who sell "Six Nines" copper (99.9999% pure). Vampire Wire is relativly inexpensive and is great for DIY projects. I buy the six nines copper in bulk then insulate and terminate it as I please.

risabet
03-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Vampire wire is a company that sells audio cables out of Lutz, Florida. They are one of the few companies who sell "Six Nines" copper (99.9999% pure). Vampire Wire is relativly inexpensive and is great for DIY projects. I buy the six nines copper in bulk then insulate and terminate it as I please.

You insulate your own wire? Please describe this.

Thatch_Ear
03-28-2005, 11:40 AM
I prefere Vampire plugs myself and if the wire is the 25.5 guage wire it is magnet wire made for winding transformers and has insulation on it. I Litz braid my wire and put a woven mesh sleeve over it for protection and looks.
The wire is continiuous cast in an oxygen free environment so it is impurity free. Most copper wire is made in a kind of electro plate method and the structure and purity are not there like the Vampire wire. By the way, the Vampire OFC solid speaker cable makes great AC cords.