Wow! Adire revamping their entire driver lineup... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Adire revamping their entire driver lineup...

Woochifer
03-21-2005, 06:23 PM
On Adire Audio's forum, Dan Wiggins posted some info about their revised driver lineup. Most of their drivers have been unavailable for the last couple of months while they transition to a new production facility in Chile. It looks like they have a major expansion of their driver lineup, and it will look way different from what they currently have.

In the nutshell, the Shiva, Tempest, Maelstrom, Koda, Brahma, and Tumult names will no longer denote individual drivers, but will now identify the motor structure, and each of these motors will have different cone sizes available. In other words, the Shiva will no longer be just a 12" driver, but rather a motor that comes with 10", 12", and 15" cones. Likewise, the Tempest currently offered only in a 15" version will come in a range of sizes as well. Combined with posted T/S parameters, looks like plenty of new options are coming down the pipe for DIYers.

Here's some basic info. More will be following shortly (no, I won't specify an exact date):

Complete product lines:

Shiva. Two inch diameter voice coil, overhung design, 14.5mm one way Xmax. 10", 12", 15" sizes, dual 8s and dual 4s available. Basic entry level SQL sub, low cost, easy to use, good performer.

Tempest. 2.5 inch diameter voice coil, overhung design, 18.5mm one way Xmax. 10", 12", 15" sizes, dual 8s, dual 4s and dual 2s available. All around banger. Will play deep, good SQ, get loud, budget SQL weighted to more SPL than SQ.

Maelstrom. Three inch diameter voice coil, overhung design, 24mm one way Xmax. 12", 15", 18" sizes, dual 4s and dual 2s available. Monster big driver. Handle lots of power. Real SPL monster, high BL (29 N/A), high stroke, still retain some decent SQ.

Koda. Two inch diameter voice coil, XBL2 motor, 18.5mm one way Xmax. 10", 12", 15" sizes, dual 8s and dual 4s. Basic entry level SQL sub, low cost, easy to use, better SQ than the overhungs with output around the Tempests. Like the current Koda 10s.

Brahma. 2.5" diameter voice coil, XBL2 motor, 26mm one way Xmax. 10", 12", 15" sizes, dual 4s and dual 2s. midline SQL sub, competitive price, similar to the current Brahmas in SQ and SPL.

Tumult. Three inch diameter voice coil, XBL2 motor, 34mm one way Xmax. 12", 15", 18" sizes, dual 4s and dual 2s. Top of the line in output, great SQ. Like the current Tumults, just more options.

That's the starting lineup. And I'll post more details when it's appropriate, so no begging...

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

kexodusc
03-29-2005, 06:26 AM
Woulda...coulda...shoulda...

Too bad I already ordered my stuff...oh well, I have an excuse to build a 2nd sub now...assuming I ever finish the 1st...

The DIY sub market is really taking off...Dayton, Adire, NHT, Atlas, etc....these are just some of the heavyweights...

A 15" Shiva would be wicked...X-max low enough to be musical...woofer big enough knock you on your ass...

Hopefully this is a sign that business is good and DIY-ers can expect newer and improved products to keep coming in the future.