Interesting Wharfedale EVO speakers... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Wharfedale EVO speakers...

Debbi
11-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Per attached link....this series is a phantom...managed to find them on line at elegantaudio.com...475/pr for evo 10 bookshelf units, but unfortunately they removed the description and photos and only have prices...have rosewood veneer and kevlar cones and eliptical shape ala B & W expensive nautilis series...apparently these are very well regarded in europe...curious if anyone has head them...should be at least a step up from their diamond series which are readily available.
http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/evolution.htm

Worf101
11-20-2003, 10:41 AM
They use those Wharfedales at my local gym. It was a total remodel so they've a bunch of em all throughout the building mounted on swivels from the ceiling. Can't say that I've heard them at their best since I doubt a gym is an optimal listening area but... overall they seemed adequate, nothing to write home to momma bout though. Due to their size they seemed a little bass shy, but they're bookshelves. Take a chance if they suck, sell em on ebay.

Da Worfster :D

arjn
11-22-2003, 09:00 PM
The Evos are pretty nice speakers..had heard them once. They are apparently an improvement on the Pacific series. They seem to be inspired by the B&W series with the Kevlar as well as the separate tweeter.

you can read a review on the pacific series here..
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_read.asp?ID=1963

I believe wharfedale is a budget speaker in the "Middle" sectore in the UK...

cheers!

AVMASTER
11-27-2003, 05:13 AM
i sell the Evolution series and i'd have to say they are Diamonds in better cabinets and internal wiring. The Pacific series IMO was a far better performer sonically and in design ( separate tweeter pod on top). Don't get me wrong, the Evos are excellent speakers for those who are looking for " High-end design" without the price and above average performance