Reads No Disk !!!!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Reads No Disk !!!!!!!

mama69
03-19-2005, 05:11 PM
My daughter has a Sony CFD-6 (cd radio cassette-corder)
and a JVC RC-BX30 (cd portable system) and when she put her Eminem cd or any other cd into both of them they read "NO DISK" I have looked at each of the manuals and they aren't telling me anything. If anyone can help it would be great because then she can stay off my system. :(

Audioman00
03-23-2005, 11:51 AM
nt nt nt nt nt

Woochifer
03-23-2005, 12:17 PM
If it occurs with both players, then it's probably a trashed disc. Read errors can also be caused by misaligned lasers and dirty lenses, but since you're getting the error with two different players, then it's a disc specific problem.

dean_martin
03-23-2005, 03:54 PM
My daughter has a Sony CFD-6 (cd radio cassette-corder)
and a JVC RC-BX30 (cd portable system) and when she put her Eminem cd or any other cd into both of them they read "NO DISK" I have looked at each of the manuals and they aren't telling me anything. If anyone can help it would be great because then she can stay off my system. :(

Mama, don't let that baby listen to Eminem!

Seriously though, some machines have trouble with CD-Rs or CD-RWs (homemade discs). You should also make sure the disc is sitting properly in the disc tray.

Good luck Mama69. BTW, what's in your system?

Hoho
03-23-2005, 03:56 PM
If it occurs with both players, then it's probably a trashed disc. Read errors can also be caused by misaligned lasers and dirty lenses, but since you're getting the error with two different players, then it's a disc specific problem.

They're getting the same problem with every disc on both machines. So the discs aren't defective, and aren't likely damaged. I wonder if she's putting the discs in upside-down, or not pushing them flat in the tray or against the spindle.