Bucknell upsetting Kansas tonight? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bucknell upsetting Kansas tonight?

Swish
03-18-2005, 07:15 PM
Say it isn't so Mr. Clark. Hey, I like that Bucknell team, but I think they'll go cold on the treys and the Hawks will wear them down. Bucknell was a "non-scholarship" school until recently, so some of their players are paying their own way.Their coach, Pat Flannery, is a nut-bucket, but a real competitor. I played high-school ball against him, and he was an outstanding point guard. We won their holiday tournament two years in a row, beating his team the first year to win it, but not by a bunch. He and his brothers have all sorts of hardware in their high-school trophy case. I was just there to watch a state playoff game and checked them out for the helluvit.

Anyway, this would be one crazy upset, but I'm not counting on it.

Swish

Woochifer
03-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Welcome to March Madness!

I had Vermont over Syracuse (which much of the east coast-biased media had annointed as a Final Four participant) in my bracket, so for now that's the upset special of the day. KU going out would break that side of my bracket because I got KU going to the sweet 16.

dean_martin
03-18-2005, 07:34 PM
My team had to go home early (Alabama). They can't be away from their momas for very long. Now I'm behind my 2nd homer team - UAB. I can't wait to check out that Vermont team this weekend. Didn't get to see'um today.

-Jar-
03-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Say it isn't so Mr. Clark. Hey, I like that Bucknell team, but I think they'll go cold on the treys and the Hawks will wear them down. Bucknell was a "non-scholarship" school until recently, so some of their players are paying their own way.Their coach, Pat Flannery, is a nut-bucket, but a real competitor. I played high-school ball against him, and he was an outstanding point guard. We won their holiday tournament two years in a row, beating his team the first year to win it, but not by a bunch. He and his brothers have all sorts of hardware in their high-school trophy case. I was just there to watch a state playoff game and checked them out for the helluvit.

Anyway, this would be one crazy upset, but I'm not counting on it.

Swish

I've been doing pretty good up to this point. I've been wrong so far on 5 games. But if Kansas loses then I'm screwed. This is the first time I've ever played the brackets, and I have to admit, I can see how people get so wrapped up in this..

Vermont got me too, that was my only mistake so far today.. but it's not so bad because I had Syracuse going down in the 2nd round.

-jar

DarrenH
03-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Go Bucknell!

I always route for the underdog.

Edit: I guess they did win. How about that.

Jim Clark
03-18-2005, 09:08 PM
What a hapless and hopeless bunch they were tonight. Wayne tried to do it by himself, almost did. Wait till next year! Hehe, just kidding. Next year will be significantly worse. Was there a more over-rated crop of freshmen in college basketball this year? I don't think so. I hope any thought of J.R. Giddens going pro are put to rest, actually, it might be better for Kansas if he did. Hope your team fares better than mine.

jc

Swish
03-19-2005, 03:08 AM
I've been doing pretty good up to this point. I've been wrong so far on 5 games. But if Kansas loses then I'm screwed. This is the first time I've ever played the brackets, and I have to admit, I can see how people get so wrapped up in this..

Vermont got me too, that was my only mistake so far today.. but it's not so bad because I had Syracuse going down in the 2nd round.

-jar

What a performance by Bucknell. They beat Pitt a couple months ago in what was considerd the greatest victory in school history, but this takes the cake. They're also the first Patriot League team to win a game in the NCAA playoffs, and with only one senior on the team who isn't one of their better players, they should be back next year.

Swish

Jim Clark
03-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Final thoughts - the pool for cash which was based on blind drawings pays out big if Duke wins. Now I'm a Duke fan.

- My bracket at home still gets has me at +27 after the first round. That places me in second place in my family's "pick where we go out to eat" contest. Projecting both Syracuse and Kansas to make deep runs probably dooms me as the tourney marches on. Still I'm not done yet so there's hope to avoid A&W.

-I was thinking it may have been just me, but the local paper today suggests it wasn't. Losing sucks but the failure of most of Kansas to shake hands with the winners shows a supreme lack of class. While Kansas is still one of the handful of elite programs around the country, this was regrettable. Class was one of the hallmarks of the program. Over the past couple of years we have been continually outclassed by Oaklahoma State's Eddie Sutton. As tough as it is to lose with dignity, our guys should have at least made an effort. Very, very sad. Bucknell was our deathnell, time to suck it up and realize that our team had massive problems all year long. The aftermath just proved it.

Hope your team rocks-especially if it's DUKE!

jc