DVD2910 & AVC-A10SE SACD PROB. Please help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DVD2910 & AVC-A10SE SACD PROB. Please help

aienco
03-17-2005, 07:51 PM
I've got a Denon DVD-2910 and a Denon AVC-A10SE Amp. I just decided to buy my first SACD to try it. I am not getting any sound what so ever. I have tried every single setting on the amp and the dvd player and nothing. I have it hooked up with an optical cable and the amp set to digital auto but I notice it keeps switching over to analog on the display of the amp. This sugests to me that it is not sensing the signal from the DVD player. I can play normal MP3's DVD's, just Not SACD. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

N. Abstentia
03-17-2005, 08:05 PM
You CANNOT use the optical cable for SACD. You HAVE to hook up the 6 analog outputs on your SACD player to the multichannel inputs on your receiver.

aienco
03-17-2005, 08:47 PM
You CANNOT use the optical cable for SACD. You HAVE to hook up the 6 analog outputs on your SACD player to the multichannel inputs on your receiver.

Your Kidding??? I dont think the amp has all those inputs? Will it work through Coaxal??

kfalls
03-18-2005, 05:26 AM
I believe DVD-Audio has six analog channels not a digital bit stream. Many SACD/DVD-Audio CD have both analog and digital tracks, but may be either 2 channel digital, or 5.1. Also many receivers capable of SACD/DVD-Audio playback require you to select the external 6-channel input option for playback.

N. Abstentia
03-18-2005, 06:40 AM
Your Kidding??? I dont think the amp has all those inputs? Will it work through Coaxal??

No. Six channel analog only! You can think the record companies and the RIAA for that.

shokhead
03-18-2005, 06:41 AM
DVD-A and SACD=6 analogs if you want there multi-channel mix.