iPod tube amps and preamp - yikes.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : iPod tube amps and preamp - yikes..

plextor guy
03-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Safe to say it's gone too far now.

http://www.psiberportal.com/psiberaudio/iPod_3.htm

Geoffcin
03-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Safe to say it's gone too far now.

I think that's kind of neat!

No one would think this this rig was funny if it had a turntable instead of an Ipod. Stereophile just rated the Ipod as a class "C" source component, and gave it a pretty nice write up too. My guess is that in a few years computer based sources will be common place in serious audio setups.

topspeed
03-17-2005, 06:50 PM
I 'spose if you burn lossless onto the iPod, it's not all that much different from a megachanger cd player, right?

Geoffcin
03-17-2005, 07:11 PM
I 'spose if you burn lossless onto the iPod, it's not all that much different from a megachanger cd player, right?

And it don't sound bad! I actually think it's better than CD played through my DVD player. The Arcam CD player sounds better, but not enought to make you think that the Ipod was crap.

Which one of the speaker guys at CES was using an Ipod as a souce to show that it was the speakers that made all the difference in sound quality. Was it VS?

topspeed
03-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Wilson Audio. Compared some competitor's more pricey speakers w/ a Krell source and front end and compared it to a some Sophias with a modest Parasound Halo (A23?) and iPod with Rat Shack interconnects. Genius, huh?

risabet
03-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Wilson Audio. Compared some competitor's more pricey speakers w/ a Krell source and front end and compared it to a some Sophias with a modest Parasound Halo (A23?) and iPod with Rat Shack interconnects. Genius, huh?

A marketing genius who happens to sell speakers.