which to choose...help pls. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : which to choose...help pls.

hi5
03-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Kef reference 104/2
Dynaudio 50
Castle Severn II
Dali concept 6
B&W 602 S3
Mission 753f
Monitor Audio Silver 7

I'm using Sonic fronties SFL-1 with McCormack Amp 0.5 and TD124 MKII.

Which one the above would you guys recommend me. Prefer Detail bass with good slam, seductive vocal and sweet high

TQ

markw
03-17-2005, 03:35 PM
...and what are their strong and weak points?

No speaker is perfect and they are all compromises. The secret is finding the one that makes the fewest compromises. You start by weeding out those that force too many compromises on you.

When you do that, your field is narrowed down tremendously and then you can concentrate on their better points.

hi5
03-17-2005, 11:34 PM
The reason I post in this forum was to get quick answer as there is no possibility for me to audition all of these speakers. They are from diff owner (2nd) and away from my town. So, I need an advise from any of you who had any experienced on them. Already gives you the strong point speakers character that I prefer...hope it will help

Pat D
03-18-2005, 04:52 AM
Kef reference 104/2
Dynaudio 50
Castle Severn II
Dali concept 6
B&W 602 S3
Mission 753f
Monitor Audio Silver 7

I'm using Sonic fronties SFL-1 with McCormack Amp 0.5 and TD124 MKII.

Which one the above would you guys recommend me. Prefer Detail bass with good slam, seductive vocal and sweet high

TQ
Of those, I would choose the Kef 104/2 without hesitation--although I am not very familiar with Dali speakers. But the Kef 104/2 is still one fine speaker and people that have them seem generally to hold on to them.

http://www.kef.com/kefamerica/history/1980/model104_2.htm

shokhead
03-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Well what we like may be different from you. Type of music you listen to. Size of room,room setup. House or apt. I could go on. Me,i would buy speaker i cant hear first. A sub yes,speakers no.

Shwamdoo
03-18-2005, 07:16 AM
I have heard the Monitor Audio Gr10 and I was highly impressed with it.

I like the Mission 753f, but not as much as I liked the Monitor Audio Gr10 that I heard. (Keep in mind that the Gr10 is quite a different speaker than the S7.)

I have heard the Dynaudio Audience 52 (The current version of the 50.) and it is an excellent speaker. It has a lot of punch for a bookshelf speaker. Also, it has a very smooth and melodic tone, not harsh or bright at all.

The B&W 602 S3 sounded a bit to forward for me. It had bright highs but a very boomy bass. I wasn't impressed with it but many people like forward sounding equipment.

If I had to choose out of those four that I have heard, I would go with the Dynaudio Audience 52 or the Monitor Audio Gr10. Keep in mind that while these speakers are not the exact models that you are considering, they will still exhibit some of the same characteristics. Unfortunatly, everything I just said is useless because in the end, it is your listening prefrence and not mine.

Goodluck.