Help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help

gary135r
03-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I am setting up my second generation home thaeter and I need some questions answered.
My home layout is such that I don't have many options to place my equipment. I finally weened myself (and my wife) from the grip of Bose. They sounded ok but I knew there was a lot better I could do.
After reading so many articles on placing speakers all over the place to get optimum sound I am worried that my living room will only give me one area to set this up if I want to keep fronts equal distance from the TV set (30 inch 16:9 high def Sony)
My new system includes:

Harmon Kardon 635 AVR
Harmon Kardon DVD 31
Axiom M3ti fronts
Axiom VP 100 center
Axiom M2i surrounds
Axiom EP 125 Sub

Like I said, the Bose sounded decent in the position I am setting up the new system.
Thanks

paul_pci
03-15-2005, 06:18 PM
What exactly is your question? While equidistance of the fronts with respect ot the TV is ideal, it's not the end of the world if it's not achieved, which also has a lot to do with room size and relation to listening position.

shokhead
03-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Dont worry about equal distance. Would be nice but in real world setups,we do what we have to work with. My mains and surrounds are not equal,thats what the reciever speaker setup is for,to equal the speakers out.

gary135r
03-16-2005, 03:55 PM
What exactly is your question? While equidistance of the fronts with respect ot the TV is ideal, it's not the end of the world if it's not achieved, which also has a lot to do with room size and relation to listening position.
My question was, do the front speakers have to be the exact distance apart ffrom the tv.
Thanks for the help