$ 500 for a 42" plasma tv on ebay... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : $ 500 for a 42" plasma tv on ebay...

AVJunior
03-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Should i trust the seller?
Seller from UK.

paul_pci
03-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Should i trust the seller?
Seller from UK.

I think you know the answer to this one. But two other questions are: if you're in the US, does this person ship to the US and can you afford the insurance?

AVJunior
03-14-2005, 08:03 PM
I think you know the answer to this one. But two other questions are: if you're in the US, does this person ship to the US and can you afford the insurance?

According to the seller, $ 800 would include shipping and insurance. Anyone has any idea on how buyers are being protected in ebay? sorry, i'm new to ebay. In case goods were not delivered after payment made. what should i do?

hershon
03-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Nothing personal, but besides what Paul said about shipping, as I lived in the UK for 5 years and have done business transactions with these people, they'll only be to happy to steal you blind and if you complain tell you, in their snotty self righteous way, there's something wrong with you. Any group of people who have bad teeth, don't understand that they can get cancer from smoking & spend half their time getting drunk, are not exactly the best people in the world. If it looks like a duck & smells like a duck, its not a $500 plasma TV in great shape. This is almost as good as the guy from Russia trying to sell an item on Ebay, but the only way to purchase it from him, I kid you not was to provide your credit card number and a copy of your passport and driver's liscence. It never hurts to err on the side of comon sense.

EBAY is notoriously deliberately slow in helping anyone except rip off artists. Think about it as an IQ test. Would anyone with an IQ over 20-20 who lived in the USA pay a stranger who lives in England $800 for him to ship an American Plasma to them? Why would they even have an American Plasma TV? :D :D :D :D :D :