New PT [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New PT

MasterCylinder
03-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Thought I would share this with you guys after reading the Blackfield thread (which, BTW, I agree with Troy........not bad but, PT light).

A friend of mine has given me a disc with 2 songs from the new PT = DEADWING.

These songs (Shallow and Lazarus) are reflected on the PT webpage as the second and third tracks on the yet-to-be-released CD.

These songs sound much more like what you might expect from Wilson.

SHALLOW is made of driving pop-rock.

LAZARUS is very soft, spacey and mellow.

Troy
03-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Can't wait to hear 'em!

OT: Collaboration- Did you get the song I e-mailed you?

Troy
03-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Sentcha another e-mail. If you didn't get it, I'm being screened out by your firewall.

richmon
03-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Amazon sent me a $25. gift certificate for using their credit card, it's a pretty nifty little system where you get points for charging things. After $2500. of purchases, you gets a $25. free pass. It basically serve's as a reminder to go forth and purchase music.

For the first time, I pre-ordered something, that being Deadwing. Although having Steven's name on something is not a guarantee of goodness (see Blackfield, No Man, Metonia, Voyage 25 etc) - everything I've read promises that it delivers the goods.
Thankx for the feedback MC.
Along with Wobbler, one of my most anticipated 2005 releases.
And of course, the spring/summer tour supporting this is a must.

Duds
03-15-2005, 08:05 AM
I just received an advance copy. I like PT, but i can tell i'm not as into them as you guys are, so i dont think i'll try to review it for you guys.

Troy
03-15-2005, 09:21 AM
I just received an advance copy. I like PT, but i can tell i'm not as into them as you guys are, so i dont think i'll try to review it for you guys.

More of the same, eh?

Duds
03-15-2005, 11:00 AM
it wont play in my computer...copy protection sucks!!