I'm back . . . with a comp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm back . . . with a comp

neuromantic
12-24-2003, 12:49 AM
Hey, everybody.

I registered here like a year ago, posted a "Hi, I'm a Newbie"-type thread, everyone was really nice and welcomed me warmly . . .

. . . then I lost my Internet access for about four months. When I got it back, I'd kind of forgotten about this place. Well, to make a very long story short, my father decided to buy me a brand-new car for Christmas (with two dead Hondas and no cash, this was a REALLY great gift!). Anyway, I decided I should make a comp to celebrate, and to have something to listen to on the drive back from the dealership (about an hour).

So, I tried to draw inspiration from the car itself: a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire. It's got a real aggressive front end, and even though it doesn't have a ton of power, it's still torquey and fun. Plus, it's an American car--never owned one before. I tried to keep it on the rock side, with a nod to some more 80s-classic-ish stuff, with a blue collar bent. So, with that in mind (and remembering that Sex Machine was the theme song for the last Sunfire commercial I saw), I came up with this comp:

Rage Against the Machine - Testify
Metallica - Breadfan
Audioslave - Set it Off
Meat Puppets - Backwater
Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet
Incubus - Summer Romance (Anti-Gravity Love Song)
Primus & Ozzy - Nativity in Black II
James Brown - Sex Machine
Cypress Hill - Rock Superstar
System of a Down - Chop Suey
Boston - Long Time
Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
Clutch - The Soapmakers

I pick up the car tomorrow, so I'll see how well it came out on the drive back and let you all know!

Peace
neuro

joel2762
12-24-2003, 05:25 AM
Wicked Tunes. Keep 'um cranked enjoy the ride :cool: