KEF KHT2005.2 or ????? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : KEF KHT2005.2 or ?????

Boglin
12-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Hello, I'm getting ready to purchase some speakers. Have listened to many speaker combos including the KEF 2005.2 and really like the sound(wife likes the looks). I can get this speaker package for around $1000. However I would like some input on other speaker packages in the same price range. I am just doing a 5.1 system at this time. My room that these will be going into is 15x20 feet and opens up into the kitchen and dinning area, less than ideal for surround sound but I am going to give it a try anyways. As for the reciever I am also undecided but am leaning towards a pioneer vsx-43tx, marantz sr5300, or yamaha rx-v1400. Not really into the NAD line(does sound nice) but dont want to risk the quality issues. Sorry for all the questions and thanks

TinHere
12-23-2003, 11:13 PM
Gotta love the YPAO. It makes set up a breeze and the 1400 is a real good unit.

For speakers check out AV123.com a factory direct company. They have a special on some Rocket Packages [see specials on the speaker forum] and they also have the ELT's. Great prcie/performance and your wife might just like the way they look if other wives are an indication. They have a reputaion for outstanding customer service. They can also give you a good price on a Denon as part of a package deal.

Here's a link:

http://www.av123.com/index.php

Happy hunting.