Im thinking of a DUY speaker project BUT... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Im thinking of a DUY speaker project BUT...

C Bennett
11-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Im thinking of getting A DIY kit. Not sure what yet though. It would be the first time I have done anything like this so it would have to be easy enough for a beginner with not a lot(actually none)of electronics knowledge to understand. I can follow directions if they are good but would not have a clue how to put stuff together without them. I know the AR kit is good but I see on the site they dont include the speaker box. Dayton has a kit too that includes everything. I know there are others out there too kits and companies. Im not looking to spend a fortune and keep it around the $200 range(if I don't/cant get a good DIY i will just get the Wharfedale Diamond 8.1's for $199). Any ideas. Links would be helpful if you have any. I want(if possible) the kit to be as good as a speaker(in this case the Wharfedale)that I could buy for similar money. In other words what I make I would expect to be as good or better than what I can buy already built for the same $$$. Thanks in advance guys. Like I said im a newb in this and have no prior electronics knowledge so keep that in mind.