Outdoor Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Speakers

kenntak
03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
I need some recommendations for outdoor speakers. My price range is up to $400 a pair. The speakers will be located under an overhang but are within 3 miles of the ocean. It is difficult to find many reviews of outdoor speakers and your input would be appreciated.

46minaudio
03-11-2005, 08:17 AM
I need some recommendations for outdoor speakers. My price range is up to $400 a pair. The speakers will be located under an overhang but are within 3 miles of the ocean. It is difficult to find many reviews of outdoor speakers and your input would be appreciated.
IMO you dont need to spend that much money..Outdoor speakers have alot to overcome,Wind noise,Traffic,and other issues..I do think you need a good built speaker though..I use the $59 version from this company at my beach house and boat..
http://www.hometheaterdirect.com/
I have tried others.I liked these because even the brackets are ABS.Others I have tried rusted and left rust stains on the concrete..The salt air is harsh on these things.Im working on my 3rd year with these in my boat(used only in salt water)..And outside they sounded just as good as more expensive speakers that rusted...

kenntak
03-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks for your help.

Vardo
03-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I would recommend Boston Acoustics Voyager 6. They're right in your
price range. It's hard to get decent bass out of an outdoor speaker,
but the specs on the Boston are 65HZ to 20kHZ. I've owned
the Boston Runabouts (no longer made), and they held up extremely
well. I now own the 6's, and the bass from the 6 1/2" woofer makes
a big difference.
Another brand you might look at is Niles. I've listened to them and their