Support of underground (way under- as in hellsayeth) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Support of underground (way under- as in hellsayeth)

cole
03-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi Davey and the rest of you. sorry to stick my nose in your awesome music forums, but i couldn't contain myself. i play w/ said hellsayers and am flattered (and extremely proud) to be amongst your topics of conversation. I've spent the last 45 mins reading various posts and all of you are as musically obsessed ( and most w/ great taste) as myself. as a band, it means a lot to find encouragement like this when you're consistently fighting an uphill battle to just try and get people to hear your stuff. we've given away as much as sold and as cheesy as it sounds, this makes it all worth it. email me for more music. maybe some live shows. we're in the process of securing label deal ( or at least distribution) so you'll be able to go out and support your independent music store (like my employer) and pick up the lonesome sea if so inclined. we're also playing with Jason Molina's rugged Magnolia Electric Co. in Asheville NC if anyone gets a wild one and decides to show, let me know. demos in the works as we speak. hope you enjoy and thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hurdy28805@yahoo.com www.goodluckcricket.com/hellsayers

Slosh
03-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Lonesome Sea is a great album and the music sells itself, but I do have to thank Davey for making me aware of this album. It may have been many months before I heard of it otherwise. Web boards like this will help get the word out, but as I said, it's the music that'll create a buzz and I truly believe this is one of those albums people will latch onto once they hear a little.

I've only had the album for a short time but two of my friends have already ordered it after playing it at their houses once. That speaks volumes for the quality of the music, I think.

Ex Lion Tamer
03-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Hi Davey and the rest of you. sorry to stick my nose in your awesome music forums, but i couldn't contain myself. i play w/ said hellsayers and am flattered (and extremely proud) to be amongst your topics of conversation. I've spent the last 45 mins reading various posts and all of you are as musically obsessed ( and most w/ great taste) as myself. as a band, it means a lot to find encouragement like this when you're consistently fighting an uphill battle to just try and get people to hear your stuff. we've given away as much as sold and as cheesy as it sounds, this makes it all worth it. email me for more music. maybe some live shows. we're in the process of securing label deal ( or at least distribution) so you'll be able to go out and support your independent music store (like my employer) and pick up the lonesome sea if so inclined. we're also playing with Jason Molina's rugged Magnolia Electric Co. in Asheville NC if anyone gets a wild one and decides to show, let me know. demos in the works as we speak. hope you enjoy and thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hurdy28805@yahoo.com www.goodluckcricket.com/hellsayers

Welcome Cole, and congratulations. It is nice to read that our little noodlings here are actually having a tangible, positive effect for the people who make the music that we love so much. I haven't heard the record yet, but I know Davey's taste and if he is impressed there is a much better than even money chance that I will be too. I'll be ordering my copy in the next couple of days.

I hope we'll be seeing you around here, contributing to our goofy little dicussions, on a regular basis.

Davey
03-11-2005, 07:48 AM
sorry to stick my nose in your awesome music forums, but i couldn't contain myself.
Hey Cole, glad to see you stopped by and took the time to hang out for awhile. Don't be sorry! Always fun to hear from someone that's actually making the music, well, that is unless it's because I said your album sucks and you're all pissed :)

But it is a great album and you guys should be very proud. There's a lot of great music being made these days all over the world, but it's not often I hear something that really hits the spot like The Lonesome Sea. Love those convoluted tales and the sometimes quirky lyrics. Reminds me a little bit of another small band called Tracker and their Polk album from a couple years ago on the FILMguerrero label that I fell pretty hard for too. A little more cinematic and with some hints of Brian Eno, including a wonderful cover of his "Somber Reptiles", but much of the same sensibility as you guys. At least for me, although your sound is much more dynamic and universal. And the Radar Brothers did come to mind at times when I heard The Lonesome Sea, but mainly because of the stories. If you haven't heard it, their And the Surrounding Mountains is a very cool album with a lot of cinematic depth, and the songs all seem to have a theme running through them containing some sinister untold secret that's never quite revealed. Like Tracker, they're a little more Pink Floyd (or Mercury Rev) than you guys, but still a lot of that Crazy Horse goodness.

Anyway, I wish you guys all the luck and hope you sell lots of records and keep performing and releasing new ones. At least you know there's an audience of a few music lovers hanging out here that'll buy em!

Take care.

tentoze
03-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Cole,

Thanks for stopping in, and please come back! I'll echo the sentiments already posted about Lonesome Sea- by cut #3, I was totally sold on your music. Very cohesive effort. Stay after it, and give us some more great music............you have a big fan out here in the glitter and glitsch of Las Vegas.

et

DarrenH
03-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Chalk up another victum....errrr.. I mean, person to be introduced to your music via Davey and I was hooked just after one listen. Great stuff.

Anyway, I just ordered it through your website via Paypal so I can have a legit copy and give your band the proper support it needs.

Thanks Cole for stopping by. Keep up the good work.

I'll be sure to spread the word.

cole
03-11-2005, 03:32 PM
thanks again folks,
some stuff i've been listening to:
joy zipper's nr
andrew bird (my favorite of his, so far. i love this)
mbv-loveless
wilco's ghost (lookin' for some of these recent shows if anyone wants to trade...nels cline!!)
summer hymns- voice,brother,sister and their latest
beachwood sparks-any and all..forever
dolorean-violence in snow fields
sadies-favourite colours
bill frissell's gone,like a train
smile..like everyone else
bts-ancient melodies
beta band heroes to zeros
court and spark's witch season
robert wyatt