Okay, if we have enough new technology coming, here's another [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Okay, if we have enough new technology coming, here's another

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
I had a few moments between sessions today and stumbled across this information. Now we have HD-DVD and Blu-ray coming down the pipeline, get ready for another one that trashes both of these in terms of storage space, and data rate per second. Based on the spec's, this newer not yet released format will allow for lossless PCM, Dts, and DD, with uncompressed lossless video to boot on a single disc. Check this out

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/590/590428p1.html

Worf101
03-11-2005, 06:33 AM
As if we didn't have enough to worry about. Sigh... I don't know if everyone's ready to scrap their current DVD players and libraries for yet another new "standard" So you got all that space, what you gonna put in it? The Director's, cousins, uncle's commentary track? How much is too damn much?

Da Worfster :confused:

kexodusc
03-11-2005, 10:22 AM
So you got all that space, what you gonna put in it? The Director's, cousins, uncle's commentary track? How much is too damn much?

Da Worfster :confused:

Damn funny, and true...I usually just watch the movie, rarely do I check out the extras unless it's a great film.

I'm all for the new techno-gizmos that improve the performance and enhance the experience...But I'll be the cheap, hold-out, wait-and-see person to get one of whatever they are, when they're cheap enough for me to do it.
I don't expect that'll be for a few more years...so I won't think about it until then.

paul_pci
03-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Damn funny, and true...I usually just watch the movie, rarely do I check out the extras unless it's a great film.

I'm all for the new techno-gizmos that improve the performance and enhance the experience...But I'll be the cheap, hold-out, wait-and-see person to get one of whatever they are, when they're cheap enough for me to do it.
I don't expect that'll be for a few more years...so I won't think about it until then.

It's actually kinda depressing to think of the money I've invested in DVDs (and I usually don't spend more than $10/movie), so they'll have to take me away to another standard kicking and sccreaming, and crying, of course. But, on the other hand, it is all very exciting.

MomurdA
03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
How cool does that disc look? I swear im looking at a movie i saw about the future. The future is here! Good thing in only have like 20 dvds.

robert393
03-15-2005, 08:19 AM
This is very encouraging news. I will be checking back often to get updates on this technology. Thanks for sharing Terrence!
Robert

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-15-2005, 02:26 PM
This is very encouraging news. I will be checking back often to get updates on this technology. Thanks for sharing Terrence!
Robert

Isn't this a welcomed blast from the past. Can you please visit more often?(as I crinkle my forehead and show puppy dog eyes)