Help with my center channel mount..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with my center channel mount.....

MCF
03-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Finally got my first house and setting up my first HT system. I am looking for a way to mouunt my Klipsch RC-25 (9" deep x 6.5" tall x 20" wide) on/in my front wall where my plasma tv is going to hang. I have thought about recessing it in the wall above the fireplace, but the speaker is wider than the studs in the wall (about 16" apart). My fireplace does not have a mantel shelf so I can't sit it on that....what other options are available that won't look god awful and draw everyones attention to the center channel??

PAT.P
03-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Finally got my first house and setting up my first HT system. I am looking for a way to mouunt my Klipsch RC-25 (9" deep x 6.5" tall x 20" wide) on/in my front wall where my plasma tv is going to hang. I have thought about recessing it in the wall above the fireplace, but the speaker is wider than the studs in the wall (about 16" apart). My fireplace does not have a mantel shelf so I can't sit it on that....what other options are available that won't look god awful and draw everyones attention to the center channel??
You could add a mantel shelf to blend with your center channel so it does'nt stick out like a sore thumb or buy another center speaker that is made to be mounted on -wall they are half the size of your RC-25.Pat.P