Help with Center Channel Mount... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with Center Channel Mount...

MCF
03-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Finally got my first house and setting up my first HT system. I am looking for a way to mouunt my Klipsch RC-25 (9" deep x 6.5" tall x 20" wide) on/in my front wall where my plasma tv is going to hang. I have thought about recessing it in the wall above the fireplace, but the speaker is wider than the studs in the wall (about 16" apart). My fireplace does not have a mantel shelf so I can't sit it on that....what other options are available that won't look god awful and draw everyones attention to the center channel??

paul_pci
03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
If you punch a 10" hole iin the wall 90 degrees left of the tv, that will direct attention away from the monstrosity of the center channel. Failing that, I'd say, go to an arts&crafts shop, buy an acceptable looking shelf (doesn't even have to be the whole 20" wide) to mount on those studs either below or above the monitor. I believe, below might be the preferred avenue, depending on how much higher than the main speakers, placing the center channel above the monitor would be.

Finally got my first house and setting up my first HT system. I am looking for a way to mouunt my Klipsch RC-25 (9" deep x 6.5" tall x 20" wide) on/in my front wall where my plasma tv is going to hang. I have thought about recessing it in the wall above the fireplace, but the speaker is wider than the studs in the wall (about 16" apart). My fireplace does not have a mantel shelf so I can't sit it on that....what other options are available that won't look god awful and draw everyones attention to the center channel??