Cable TV signal filter [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cable TV signal filter

zepman1
03-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I was wondering what peoples opinions were regarding signal filters/line conditioners for cable TV and whether they produce a visible difference in picture quality.

I have a 50" Hitachi RP LCD tv and am looking for ways to improve the analog cable channels. I heard from a friend that he bought a cable tv signal filter for $75 or so at circuit city that made a difference (not sure if this was a power conditioner or something else, he wasn't clear on that.).

Any information on this would be appreciated.

Geoffcin
03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
I was wondering what peoples opinions were regarding signal filters/line conditioners for cable TV and whether they produce a visible difference in picture quality.

I have a 50" Hitachi RP LCD tv and am looking for ways to improve the analog cable channels. I heard from a friend that he bought a cable tv signal filter for $75 or so at circuit city that made a difference (not sure if this was a power conditioner or something else, he wasn't clear on that.).

Any information on this would be appreciated.

It's a commercial grade unit that boosts the signal for both analog, and digital channels. I got it from my cable company. You should ask your company if one is available.

paul_pci
03-08-2005, 06:08 PM
On a related note, would a signal booster work on a satellite system (i.e. DirectTv)?