Santa delivered gifts from F.A., F.P., jasn, MrMidThi, Mike, 10Toze, Davey, Slosh,j70 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Santa delivered gifts from F.A., F.P., jasn, MrMidThi, Mike, 10Toze, Davey, Slosh,j70

JDaniel
12-23-2003, 11:27 AM
I musta been good this year, because the Christmas goodies just keep rolling in. I just want to say thanks for the comps. In the past two weeks I've received them from:

-Mr. MidFi (Waiting to Derail & MetaComp Four) - just got them today.

-Davey, Mike, Slosh, and tentoze 2003 Year End Comps. I've listened to all but Mike's, which just came today. Slosh's came first, and I've given it the most spins. I truly like it a lot. Davey's is similar, but more laid back. Tentoze disc is a lot of fun - more alt-country than the two aforementioned comps. Mike's - I'm anxiously awaiting the first spin.

-Forever Autumn - Last year's "Christmas in Autumn". Just came today. Thanks. This is the only Holiday disc I rec'd this year.

-jasn - sent me his "Blue-Eyed Soul". A fun comp. And since I don't remember asking you for it, a nice bonus. I gave it a write-up in audiobill's Tuesday thread below, so I won't repeat it here.

-Finchy's "Ryko" & "Yeproc Records" comps. The Ryko disc was a pleasant surprise. Nice/strange collection of tunes from the likes of Zappa & Zevon among others. Haven't got to the Yeproc disc yet, but will over the holidays.

-Jack70 - too many comps to even list out here. I know Volumes 3, 10, 11, & 13 arrived. I have played the grooves off of the Hillbilly Heroes (Vol. 11) disc. Also enjoyed Vol. 10 (1997 Power Pop Tunes). The others are awaiting play.

-JC's mystery disc, which it turns out, is Marianne Faithfull. Not my cuppatea, but it was fun to review and try and figure out - which I did not.

And if I'm forgetting anyone, I apologize. But a great big thanks to you all for sharing the tunes. I've got the next week off, starting in about two hours. I won't be lacking for muzak. Merry Christmas to you all.

JD

Slosh
12-23-2003, 06:27 PM
and thanks for the card

~Slosh-of-few-words

NP: DCfC SACD :-)

JDaniel
12-23-2003, 06:52 PM
~Slosh-of-few-words

Broadway Joe should follow your lead. :D

JD