Tyler Acoustics............ [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Acoustics............

Mark111867
03-06-2005, 06:02 AM
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Tyler Acoustics Freedom F1 mini-monitor. Thanks.

drseid
03-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Tyler Acoustics Freedom F1 mini-monitor. Thanks.
By my moniker, it is clear that I happen to like this brand... I have heard all the other Tyler Acoustics speakers, *except* the new Freedom line. :-(

It really is too bad Ty did not have these on display at THE Show this year... I was really looking forward to hearing them, as at $525 a pair, they appear to be a steal... The drivers are the same ones used in Joseph Audio's "lower" line (that still is relatively pricey)... I know that the box and finish are exactly the same ones Ty uses on his higher cost speakers... Most of the high-quality crossover components are the same too, except for the Alpha-core inductors and Hovland caps.

You may want to contact Ty directly, as he may know of someone near you that has a pair you could listen to...

---Dave

Mark111867
03-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Thanks Dave:)

oddeoowphil38
04-16-2005, 04:37 PM

Mark I do not have any experience with Tyler but I do live less than 30 miles from their location in Owensboro, KY. I plan on stopping buy the next time I am in Owensboro. Maybe I can listen to them for you and give you some idea what they are like. But, I must tell you that I am a Paradigm fan for life and that is what I will be using and my reference point. Have a great day. :)

Mark111867
04-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Mark I do not have any experience with Tyler but I do live less than 30 miles from their location in Owensboro, KY. I plan on stopping buy the next time I am in Owensboro. Maybe I can listen to them for you and give you some idea what they are like. But, I must tell you that I am a Paradigm fan for life and that is what I will be using and my reference point. Have a great day. :)
I ordered the Freedom F-1 Mini Monitors about 3 weeks ago. I spoke with Ty a few times and decided to make the purchase. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the reply:)

drseid
04-17-2005, 04:55 AM
I ordered the Freedom F-1 Mini Monitors about 3 weeks ago. I spoke with Ty a few times and decided to make the purchase. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the reply:)
Yes, please do... It will be good to hear the impressions (good or bad) from an owner, as feedback on the Freedom line is rather scarce (as they are relatively new).

Hope you like them...

---Dave

Mark111867
04-17-2005, 05:20 AM
Yes, please do... It will be good to hear the impressions (good or bad) from an owner, as feedback on the Freedom line is rather scarce (as they are relatively new).

Hope you like them...

---Dave
I'll keep you posted Dave.....

-Mark

Mark111867
06-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi Phil & Dave. Sorry it took so long to get back to you regarding the Freedom F-1's. I had the speakers for 4 or 5 days. Within that time period it became apparent that they were a tad to small for the room that I was using them in, so back they went. That is not to say that I did not like them. The next model up was just way out of my price range. I found the speaker to be IMO accurate with little coloration. I never really understood what it meant for speakers to "disappear" until I heard the F-1's. It really is nice to call a speaker company and have the phone answered by the owner. Ty was very informative and happily answered any questions that I had regarding the F1. Build quality was excellent. I received no hassle whatsoever when returning these. If you are on the market for a mini monitor, the F-1's are worth throwing in the ring.

drseid
06-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Hi Phil & Dave. Sorry it took so long to get back to you regarding the Freedom F-1's. I had the speakers for 4 or 5 days. Within that time period it became apparent that they were a tad to small for the room that I was using them in, so back they went.

Sorry to hear that Mark... Purely for my own interest, which speakers did you wind up with (or are you still looking)?

Good luck,

---Dave

Mark111867
06-05-2005, 04:21 AM
Dave-
I bought my second pair of Cambridge Soundworks Newton M80's. I already use a pair as mains. I know that it really isn't very exciting having 2 sets of the same exact speakers, but I am very happy with the M80's. They seem to mate very well with my Yamaha 2 channel receiver.

-Mark