i need help from dishonest store [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : i need help from dishonest store

irish kings
03-05-2005, 05:37 PM
i would like to share my first timr getting ripped off on the net i ordered a nordost siver shadow digital cable from aberdeen components and i got a used moonglo in a silver shadow box shipped via fedex in a ups box what a nice guy he is. so when i called him about it he says he shipped a silver shadow and i said no it is a moonglo because i already have a moonglo he says i am trying to switch cables with him and won't take the cable back. does anybody have any help on the matter?

gonefishin
03-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Try writing a letter to your States Attorney. Try and stay on topic without letting any emotions or anger get in the letter. Also include any copies of receipts, e-mails or pictures of anything pertinent. Also include an objective summary of any phone conversations.

Sometimes this will be enough motivation for someone to do what they know they should. If he (however) thinks that he did ship the right cable...well...you may have some difficulties.

good luck,

dan

irish kings
03-05-2005, 06:02 PM
i have pictures i took with my camera side by side with mine and his by his silvershadow box and sent him and nordost and he sent me no receipt only a tracking number when i ordered it my bad there and he is a nordost dealer too

N. Abstentia
03-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Take it up with the credit card company if you can't get anything out of him.

RGA
03-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Well I would also go over the dealer's head to whoever makes this item -- a cable I gather?? Nordost?

Tell them about this as well. Then if this does not get resolved post your complain on a higher end forum - www.audioasylum.com about this oin the general asylum.

Is the cable package see through -- in other words could it be possible that the dealer did not know that he sent the wrong cable? If I bought a Audio Note Soro amp and I opened iot up and inside there was an OTO there would be no way for the dealer to know this because it's boxed...so the dealer would be suspicious if I claimed I got an OTO. so the manufacturer would have to be on the hook.

With equipment though there is a serial number on the box and on the unit itself (and on the receipt) which should match eachother. Cables though??? don't know.

irish kings
03-06-2005, 05:58 AM
the box has a window to it and after he saw the pics i sent him his email says i never saw,bought or had that cable or a dealer when nordost manufactured the cable and quotes all cables are visually inspected by me and packed your claim is unacceptable that means he is blind or he is a crook

musicoverall
03-06-2005, 08:18 AM
i would like to share my first timr getting ripped off on the net i ordered a nordost siver shadow digital cable from aberdeen components and i got a used moonglo in a silver shadow box shipped via fedex in a ups box what a nice guy he is. so when i called him about it he says he shipped a silver shadow and i said no it is a moonglo because i already have a moonglo he says i am trying to switch cables with him and won't take the cable back. does anybody have any help on the matter?

There are risks associated with buying and selling over the internet and this is an example of both. You got the wrong cable and the seller is at least acting as though he's sure he sent you the right one. But I can't believe he would risk future business, not just with you but with anyone you come in contact with, over this transaction. It would probably be cheaper for him to take the moonglo, refund your money and sell the moonglo to someone else.

With internet buying, you get screwed once and you'll never do business with that merchant again. With internet selling, you screw someone once and you're liable to never do business with ANYONE again.

Don't give up. As someone else mentioned, dispute the charge with your credit card company. Go to the cable asylum at www.audioasylum.com and post this. Go to the cable board here and post it again. Go to the better business bureau. But first advise the seller of your intent and ask him if it might be more worthwhile for him just to do the right thing. Give him that courtesy, even if he doesn't deserve it.

irish kings
03-06-2005, 09:37 AM
yes i did go thru the credit card company thusday after he would not agree to solve tha matter and they told me they would credit it back then saturday they said it doesnot show up on my file and could some body tll ho long the silver shadow has been out.

donc
03-06-2005, 06:39 PM

Definitely, if you paid by credit card, call the 800 number on your card. Tell them what happened, they will send you a form and remove the charge from your bill. Most cards guarantee no problems with Internet sales, but all of them have protection against this type of activity, Internet or not.
donc

jocko_nc
03-07-2005, 06:10 AM
All who read this post take a lesson about credit cards.

We pay a lot of money for the privilege of using credit to purchase things. By all means take advantage of what you are paying for. The credit card is a third party escrow. You agree to do business with them. The vendor agrees to do business with them. The credit company has leverage with both. The credit company mediates disputes.

If you ever receive something other than what you thought you were going to receive, take it back. No matter that it was purchased online, mail order, whatever. If it is wrong, it is wrong. Refuse to pay for it. Refuse to pay to ship it back. Demand a reversal of charges. Make the vendor arrange for a freight pick up. You will leave it where UPS can find it. Otherwise, it goes in the trash. Vendor disclaimers are bogus.

Credit cards are a beautiful thing. They really give the buyer a lot of power. A good credit company will back the buyer, they value the business.

Please do not confuse a credit card with a "Visa" check card. Check cards are completely different from credit cards, just like writing a check, the money is gone. Absolutely no recourse if you are screwed. That is why they are being pushed so hard. Do not use them. Never pay for product by check.

Case-in-point. My wife lost $ 1000.00+ to Eastern Airlines back when $1000.00 was a lot of money. She paid for flights with a check. Eastern went under. Money was GONE. Credit cards, naturally, were covered from bankruptcy.

jocko

Also: Credit card issuers make a lot of money, even from users who rarely carry a balance. They charge vendors 1-2% on every charge. A heavy credit user can generate a lot of money for the bank. On balance, the vendor needs Visa a lot more than the buyer and pays dearly for it.