Is anyone using... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using...

_Luke1_
12-23-2003, 08:06 AM
the Radio Shack 6 component universal remote? The cost is around $60. I'd like to have one but for some reason, while I can stomach spending $2K on speaks, I have a problem spending $150 for a remote.

This multi remote thing is getting old.

mpm32
12-23-2003, 11:28 AM
I had one. It worked well for a long time. When I got my Yamaha RX-V1400, it couldn't do the macros that I wanted it to. So, I sold it on ebay and got a Pronto Neo for $52 off of ebay. More macro power than I would ever need. Plus anyone could pick it up and use my system - after extensive programming. With the radioshack kameleon, I had to have brother P-touch labels under the macro buttons to tell people what they were.

Monstrous Mike
12-23-2003, 12:54 PM
I believe my remote is similar in price and function. It is worth the money to me. Not only can I control the following: DVD, Sat, TV, VCR, and A/V receiver, it also has a learning function. This means I can assign any function from my five remotes to any key on this all in one.

In the past, I got cheaper remotes and sure enough there was some function that I needed and had to search for the original remote. Now, I have virtually every function learned and I never need the original remotes. Also, I have noted that the much better remotes actually transfer more of the functionality so there are fewer functions that need to be "learned".

_Luke1_
12-26-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the responses, gents. By the way Mike, what remote are you using?

Monstrous Mike
12-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the responses, gents. By the way Mike, what remote are you using?
Sorry for the delay. Here is what I use: http://www.dealtime.com/xPO-RCA_RCU810