Anyone care to confess their Friday Song? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone care to confess their Friday Song?

ForeverAutumn
03-04-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm going to have to go with Yes's Roundabout. Ever since Finchy's Roundup post earlier this week, it's turned into a serious earworm.

I have three versions of this song on various CDs and I've listened to all three in the last few days.

Mr MidFi
03-04-2005, 11:39 AM
"First I Look at the Purse" by the J. Geils Band.

The Live - Full House album is an automatic smile for me, and has been one since I was a pimply-faced teen. It's like a homegrown answer to the British blues-rock explosion of the late 60s and early 70s...but instead of old delta-blues standards amped and revamped by pasty anglo poseurs, it's nothing but beefy Chicago-style hooks charged with live, small-venue electricity. Really, you can pick any song from it. I just chose the leadoff track.

I play this one about twice a year. This morning, it was sounding sweet.

Davey
03-04-2005, 12:05 PM
I'll go with some Mercury Rev today cause I was listening to my Shake Your Monkey Bones comp this morning and that "Vermillion" was one of the last songs I heard, and I can still hear it in my head right now. Great song, even if the lyrics are a tad clumsy at times. Really love that charging chorus when they rock it up a bit, but would love to change a couple of the words...like that one in red below...ugh

Ooh I know love sounds impossible,
Some words are just so hard to say,
And there's times you feel unlockable,
An' all you ever want,
Is someone to try...to open up...and find a way in

I'd be happy to never hear Roundabout again, though :p

nobody
03-04-2005, 12:35 PM
I was listening to a compilation of all the Sisters of Mercy 12" records they put out before their debut album, so I gotta pick one of them. Their covers of the Stones' Gimmie Shelter and the Stooges' 1969 are both great, but I'm torn between the originals Anaconda or Temple of Love for my song of the day. OK...gotta pick one, I'll go with the biger hit, if you can call an indie released 12" a hit that is...

Temple of Love

newtrix1
03-04-2005, 01:13 PM
I started this mornings listening with an Elton John collection, and now I'm spinning Beastie Boys Hello Nasty. I guess I really do like track 14, Song For Junior, so I'll go with that.

3-LockBox
03-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I have a few <b>No-man</b> tracks via comps. I was making a Steve Wilson comp and I remembered these tracks, among them <i>Sweetheart Raw</i> and <i>Days In The Trees</i>. Man these are great tracks.

So of course I went to Amazon.com to look for the CD <u>Flowermouth</u> and of course all <b>No-man</b> titles are OOP ...Figures... Any other places I should look?

Troy
03-04-2005, 04:18 PM
shutDOWN- OSI.

Best Porcupine Tree song that isn't a Porcupine Tree song.

Kaboom
03-04-2005, 04:25 PM
uhm lotsa music ALWAYS. i fail to concieve my room without SOMETHING playing. even if its just techno.
out of today's listenings, i'd have to pick Shoulder Holster from the Big Calm album by Morcheeba. This is clearly inferior to Beware of the darkness and other stuff i've been listening to today, but hell, my brain isnt always ready for the sophistication of prog...

DarrenH
03-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Edith's Dream from Wayne Robbins and the Hellsayers newest release Lonesome Sea. I think Davey has made another sale. I will be sure to order this soon. Good stuff.

10 minutes of pure bliss. This song reminds me a lot of Nazareth's Please Don't Judas Me. Has that same feel. At least to me.

Dusty Chalk
03-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Downtown, "Stay Too Long"

Gav_2000
03-07-2005, 01:34 AM
Interpol - Evil

This one was on a comp that Mike sent me. I'd never heard of them before but for some reason I keep replaying this one in the car, I'll have to get the album sometime.

PS. It's Monday now, I'm clearly not up with it.