nht sb-3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : nht sb-3

Duds
03-04-2005, 11:03 AM
A local dealer carried NHT, and i was thinking about auditioning them this weekend. Does anyone have any info on them?

As stated in an earlier post, I listen to music like Tool, A Perfect Circle, Pink Floyd, The Gathering, Ozric Tentacles, etc. They will be mated with a Marantz SR-7000.

IRG
03-05-2005, 08:58 AM
A local dealer carried NHT, and i was thinking about auditioning them this weekend. Does anyone have any info on them?

As stated in an earlier post, I listen to music like Tool, A Perfect Circle, Pink Floyd, The Gathering, Ozric Tentacles, etc. They will be mated with a Marantz SR-7000.

Well no one has written to you so I will try. I have heard earlier NHT speakers, and I think they are overall pretty good, but not for everyone. This newer series is supposed to be even better, and well reviewed from what I see. Not cheap though, and that is the problem - a lot of good competition for the money or less. I ended up with Energy C-3 which are being replaced soon if not already. I like them a lot.

As far as these speakers, and your music, they will probably be a good match. Are you using a sub? The SB3 are supposed to hit pretty low, so you may not need one. If you are going to use a sub, you might not need the SB3, the 1 or 2 might be fine. Generally NHT are bright, but for your music, and I like similar bands, this will be a good match. The Marantz receivers are generally a little warmer, so that won't make the sizzle any worse, IMO. If you can listen to them first with your music, that would be the most helpful. I am going to be doing the same too, with a NAD receiver, and either my Energy speakers, or some new PSB. I will be using sub too.

Other speakers that might be fun for you to try would be Klipsch. Great rocking speakers. The PSB line(s) I would also consider.