PSB Alpha line, comments... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PSB Alpha line, comments...

IRG
03-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey all,
Anyone hear the PSB Alpha line? I have a pair of Energy C-3 I like, but I can't find the center speaker. Anyway, I wouldn't mind getting a smaller pair of speakers anyway. These might be matched with a NAD T-743 receiver. I have a local dealer that sells these together, and I have a possible trade too (see my post in the Home theater section). I don't want too spend much, these will be used mostly for TV viewing and dvds, and 10% music, if that. Room is not big, a medium sized room at best. I want to add a sub, (I have one I could use for a while) and still trying to decide about the srrounds, if any. I would love to find a decent pair of wireless speakers just for dvd surround. Anything? Any comments on these PSBs would be appreciated.

markw
03-03-2005, 10:39 AM
I've never compared PSB and Energy, but I have compared PSB and Paradigm a few years ago and found the PSB to be a bit less "peaked" towards the high end. Actually, I felt somewhatthe sametowards Energy, so who knows?

IOW, I tend to prefer PSB to many other mid lines but everyone has different tastes.

P.S I believe both PSB and NAD are handled by the same importer. Lenbrook out of Canada.