The Clockware ad drives me nuts! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Clockware ad drives me nuts!

Finch Platte
03-02-2005, 06:44 PM
It's off-center.

Strange, because their site is pretty professional looking.

fp <---------- anal

Dusty Chalk
03-02-2005, 09:17 PM
That's anal-retentive.

Finch Platte
03-03-2005, 04:25 AM
That's anal-retentive.

That too.

Definitely.

fp

Stone
03-03-2005, 06:09 AM
It's centered for me. I'm sick of seeing it, but at least it's not flashing or moving.

Finch Platte
03-03-2005, 06:21 AM
It's centered for me. I'm sick of seeing it, but at least it's not flashing or moving.

I should clarify- it's not centered in the black area. See how there's so little black space after the word 'tracking'? Compare that to the space before the word 'clockware'. If it were my ad, that would have been fixed first thing.

Then I'd make it look like it wasn't a fax. :rolleyes:

fp

Gav_2000
03-03-2005, 07:45 AM
My concern with that ad is 'Is it relevant on this site?'. I'm here for music information I AM NOT CURRENTLY SHOPPING FOR A TIME TRACKING SYSTEM, WEB BASED OR OTHERWISE, am I alone in this, are you all looking for a new time tracking system?!!

Dave_G
03-03-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm in the market for an atomic clock and a Cray super computer so I can sync up my dvd's to my cd's.

Dave

newtrix1
03-03-2005, 08:35 AM
I should clarify- it's not centered in the black area. See how there's so little black space after the word 'tracking'? Compare that to the space before the word 'clockware'. If it were my ad, that would have been fixed first thing.

Then I'd make it look like it wasn't a fax. :rolleyes:

fp

It's a program that automatically centers text within a field. Anyone from Clockware can contact my marketing dept for purchase info.

Dusty Chalk
03-03-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm in the market for an atomic clock and a Cray super computer so I can sync up my dvd's to my cd's.What sound card?

ForeverAutumn
03-03-2005, 08:47 AM
My concern with that ad is 'Is it relevant on this site?'. I'm here for music information I AM NOT CURRENTLY SHOPPING FOR A TIME TRACKING SYSTEM, WEB BASED OR OTHERWISE, am I alone in this, are you all looking for a new time tracking system?!!

Unless it can create time, so that I can have more of it....I'm not interested.

More time = more time to listen to music. Then we could relate! :)

Troy
03-03-2005, 08:58 AM
I can honestly say that I've never noticed the ad before. My pop up blocker works very well and I've learned to just ignore banner ads. It's just visual clutter to me. None of it registers.

That said, what a crappy, unprofessional looking ad!