:(acoustic research master series silver high difinition s-video cable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : :(acoustic research master series silver high difinition s-video cable

kylezorz
03-02-2005, 05:00 PM
acoustic research master series silver high difinition s-video cable

is the cable i have and im trying to hook it to comp and tv...

do i need a cd for it.. and if i dont need a cd which way does the cord go in..

any help would be great .. thanks bye~

Woochifer
03-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I have no clue what you're asking.

Have you tried consulting the owner's manual first? Cabling's a matter of connecting one component to another, and making sure that the type of connector matches at both ends.

kylezorz
03-02-2005, 06:05 PM
well i was just wondering how you install it like i wanna see my comp screen on my tv with this cord but i dont have the cd if it came with 1 or anything, can i plug it in and will it just work on a certain chanel? ... it fits but then my friend messed with it b tu im pretty sure it works we got it and they said it would work for what my friend asked for...

Woochifer
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Try proofreading or have someone look your post over because it's still not clear as to what you're asking.

Are just trying to hook up your computer to your TV?

And what CD are you talking about? (CDs have nothing to do with video connections, unless you're talking about installation discs, and even there, they have nothing to do with the output from a video card)

kylezorz
03-02-2005, 11:59 PM
ok ok ok i have a cord and its not mine and i got it gave to me and i was wondering and making sure if its the right cord to hook comp to tv so i can see my comp screen on tv, YEZ!...

i dont know which way to put it... and which hole, but i 2 spaces for it on tv and 1 on comp im pretty sure...

E-Stat
03-03-2005, 05:30 AM
acoustic research master series silver high difinition s-video cable

is the cable i have and im trying to hook it to comp and tv...

do i need a cd for it.. and if i dont need a cd which way does the cord go in..

any help would be great .. thanks bye~
Doubtful. Computer video cards generate a very different signal than S-VHS units (for which the cable was originally intended) and DVD players. Likewise, the TV itself will need a special input to accomodate the computer video signal. My Samsung DLP unit does, but it has a 15 pin video connector just you find on video cards and laptops.

rw

noddin0ff
03-03-2005, 07:37 AM
If you have the holes for it on your TV (labeled S-video IN) and computer you just plug the cable into the holes to connect the two.

But, you will have to tell your computer to use your television as an external monitor in order to see your computer on your TV. How you tell your computer this depends on your computer. This is probably not the right forum to get help with your computer, but you could try.