This site is really pissing me off [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This site is really pissing me off

Jim Clark
03-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Besides being a bit busy, this site is killing me. There's now a little hiccup or something going on everytime I load a page here. For example, I'll click to post a response and start typing and then the page seemingly locks up for a few seconds. As I continue to type, nothing will show up and when the page unlocks, everything I typed will then appear. If I scroll down to a post, the page locks up again and then boots me back up to the top. It's really most frustrating as this is the only site this happens on.

I use Mozilla and for a time it worked just fine but this weirdness is really rubbing me the wrong way. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ads but I could be wrong.

Until next time...

jc

Finch Platte
03-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Besides being a bit busy, this site is killing me. There's now a little hiccup or something going on everytime I load a page here. For example, I'll click to post a response and start typing and then the page seemingly locks up for a few seconds. As I continue to type, nothing will show up and when the page unlocks, everything I typed will then appear. If I scroll down to a post, the page locks up again and then boots me back up to the top. It's really most frustrating as this is the only site this happens on.

I use Mozilla and for a time it worked just fine but this weirdness is really rubbing me the wrong way. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ads but I could be wrong.

Until next time...

jc

I feel your pain. I wonder- it's gotta be something on your end. Are you cleaning out your cache? Checking for bugs? Wiping your- err.

BTW, thanks for the discs! Appreciated.

fp

MikeyBC
03-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm using mozilla firefox 1.0 and get the same thing, in fact it just locked up in the middle of this sentence for a moment. I havent used IE for so long now i'm not sure if it does it with that...thought maybe it was because of my dialup at home but on the road with high speed wireless its still freezing for about 5 or 6 seconds.

I can live with this but is this a widespread problem? I have no spyware or viruses either.

MomurdA
03-03-2005, 12:16 PM
I also use mozilla firefox. I also have mozilla and ie. It does not seem to do the mini freeze thing with ie. Only with the mozilla products. I am guessing this has to do with ads, becuz on my firefox screen the status bar at the bottom reads "Transferring data from itxt.vibrantmedia.com..." If thats not an ad then i m a dumb@ss. It is really annoying when reading reviews and stuff as you have about 5 seconds when nothing happens, just like your comp freezing. Probably something to do with the way firefox handles java vs the way ie does. But firefox opens webpages faster than ie in general.

Davey
03-03-2005, 01:01 PM
You can always do what I do and talked about before at http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=65086&postcount=11 .... just get rid of them all ;)

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 itxt.vibrantmedia.com
127.0.0.1 advertising.com
127.0.0.1 galleries.audioreview.com
127.0.0.1 gallery.consumerreview.com
127.0.0.1 spinboxlb.consumerreview.com

Oh, and lunch break right now with Shake Those Monkey Bones rattling my ear drums on one of those Lockgroove tracks....kinda cool, ya know, TheKindaMzkMeLike :cool:

Toga
03-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Awe crap, I run WIN98SE on this work computer (dinosaur). No "etc." folder in that path...

:(

Hyfi
03-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Awe crap, I run WIN98SE on this work computer (dinosaur). No "etc." folder in that path...

You have a Hosts file in 98.

Davey
03-03-2005, 03:16 PM

Like Hyfi says, just do a search :)

The hosts file is located at C:\WINDOWS\HOSTS in Win98 and shouldn't be any problem to modify as long as you have write access in that directory. Machines are often controlled by a system administrator at many companies so that you can't screw up the settings.

Woochifer
03-03-2005, 04:59 PM

Until next time...

jc

It's the green links that cause the delays after the page is loaded and displays on screen. Of all the changes they've made to the site, these green links are by far the most offensive ones that I've encountered.

ericl
03-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey Guys,

Its bugging me too, I'm lobbying the boss to get this particular ad feature disabled..

-Eric