cartridge for Rega planar 3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cartridge for Rega planar 3

RADCOM
02-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I have recently purchased a second hand rega planar 3 and it needs a cartridge and stylus. My fiancee has about 50 albums or so but we don't listen to music that often! Any recommendations. I have a Lentek Amp which will take MM or MC cartridges. Were both over 40......

N. Abstentia
02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
What's your budget?

franklinpross
03-01-2005, 11:58 AM
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

try this link . . . it just might help . . .

YOU use your own good judgement

http://www.needledoctor.com/s.nl/c.ACCT106601/sc.2/category.374/.f

markw
03-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Goldring 1012 or 1042 are pretty good mates for Ragas. Grado makes very nice cartridges and would be a great recommendation but something about those Regas lack of shielding, motor location and Grados tend to produce hum as the arm moves towards the center of the TT..

Mr Peabody
03-01-2005, 08:39 PM
You couldn't go wrong with Rega's own cartridges. I have a P3 and use Rega's Elys and have no complaints. The sound is very good but I also haven't used anything else yet. I also heard Goldring's match well. If or when I try something different I was going to take a listen to a Dynavector high output moving coil. One of the reasons I would think about switching at some point, I heard it said that Rega's cartridges tend to allow more audible surface noise compared to some other brands.

Another website to compare price and brands: www.amusicdirect.com
www.acousticsounds.com
www.redtrumpet.com