Check out the picture of my new home theater system. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Check out the picture of my new home theater system.

Swish
02-28-2005, 02:44 PM
It's kinda loud if you know what I mean. ;)

Swish Baby

Hyfi
02-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Those Avantgard Horns on the sides are incredible. Did you get to listen to any of this?

Swish
02-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Those Avantgard Horns on the sides are incredible. Did you get to listen to any of this?

What, you don't believe me?

Swishter

Finch Platte
02-28-2005, 03:34 PM
It's kinda loud if you know what I mean. ;)

Swish Baby

...of the North drums I used to play. This is not a pic of my set (mine was bright red w/ a single bass drum).

They were hard to play- being made of fiberglass made the drumheads hard. But boy, they sure looked different. And as long as you were standing in front of the tom I was hitting, it sounded great! :rolleyes:

Nice setup- which component is the 8-track? :D

fp

tentoze
02-28-2005, 05:14 PM

Swishter Only if you show me your winning Powerball ticket. I heard the baby brothers (Meta Duos) of that set-up at THE Show here in January. At ~ $70K I think for the little guys below, I'm guessing $200k for "your" HT set-up.............

BTW, to stay semi-on topic musically, they weren't playing when I walked into the room, but then the rep put on a J. Armatrading song that resulted in one of the few times that hair on my neck literally stood up.

Hyfi
02-28-2005, 06:18 PM
...of the North drums I used to play. This is not a pic of my set (mine was bright red w/ a single bass drum).

They were hard to play- being made of fiberglass made the drumheads hard. But boy, they sure looked different. And as long as you were standing in front of the tom I was hitting, it sounded great! :rolleyes:

Nice setup- which component is the 8-track? :D

fp

Did you ever get a chance to play a set of Fibes? They were made closeby in Easton PA. I got a full tour when 2 of my buddies ordered identical sets and we picked them up.

http://members.aol.com/kingloumus/0301.jpg

Hyfi
02-28-2005, 06:22 PM

Swishter

You and I together might be able to afford the cables and the rack, but not the rest. The last cool stuff I got to here before Soundex closed were the JM Labs Grand Utopia BEs with mostly the top end Krell electronics.

Have to wonder where the point of diminishing returns starts......I think at $70k a pair.

Hyfi
02-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Only if you show me your winning Powerball ticket. I heard the baby brothers (Meta Duos) of that set-up at THE Show here in January. At ~ $70K I think for the little guys below, I'm guessing $200k for "your" HT set-up.............

BTW, to stay semi-on topic musically, they weren't playing when I walked into the room, but then the rep put on a J. Armatrading song that resulted in one of the few times that hair on my neck literally stood up.

There is just something beautiful about Horns. I guess thats why all the old Klipsh speakers were so well loved.

Finch Platte
02-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Did you ever get a chance to play a set of Fibes? They were made closeby in Easton PA. I got a full tour when 2 of my buddies ordered identical sets and we picked them up.

http://members.aol.com/kingloumus/0301.jpg

Nope- I'm a bad Tama jama. :rolleyes:

fp