Lyrics to a Yes song used to promote weedkiller?!?! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Lyrics to a Yes song used to promote weedkiller?!?!

Finch Platte
02-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Say it ain't so!

Roundup out

I'll get the Roundup out
You'll get the problem weeds out 'n' out
You change the spring your way
Call it morning mowing thru the grass and
In and out the weed-free valley

The mowers dance and sing
They make the children (and pets!) really ring
You'll spend the day your way
Call it morning gardening thru the yard and
In and out the weed-free valley

Kidding, right? :confused:

fp

Troy
02-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Yah, it was on during the NASCAR race.

MasterCylinder
02-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Whatafukkingsellout !

Never thought I'd say this cause I am a lifetime YESFAN.............

But I think within the last few years, I have seen enough.
They are struggling.

I realize these guys are icons, but when I saw them with Dream Theater last September, they looked old and tired............and sounded like they were too. Of course, DT would make many good musicians sound old and tired.

Here is another idea that will get a good argument rolling............the life of the band is "tired" because Howe, Anderson and White seem to just go through the motions without emotions.

If I were Squire, I'd go back and get Travor Rabin, Igor Khoroshev and some kick-butt drummer like Jimmy DeGrasso and put together a damngoodband........they could even name it ....... DAMNGOODBAND.

Finch Platte
02-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Whatafukkingsellout !

Never thought I'd say this cause I am a lifetime YESFAN.............

But I think within the last few years, I have seen enough.
They are struggling.

I realize these guys are icons, but when I saw them with Dream Theater last September, they looked old and tired............and sounded like they were too. Of course, DT would make many good musicians sound old and tired.

Here is another idea that will get a good argument rolling............the life of the band is "tired" because Howe, Anderson and White seem to just go through the motions without emotions.

If I were Squire, I'd go back and get Travor Rabin, Igor Khoroshev and some kick-butt drummer like Jimmy DeGrasso and put together a damngoodband........they could even name it ....... DAMNGOODBAND.

Seeing Jon mowing the back 40 as Wakeman tinkles the keys in the gazebo. :rolleyes:

fp

ForeverAutumn
02-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Whatafukkingsellout !

Awwww, c'mon MC, where's your sense of humour? I think this is hilarious!

Roundup Out.

Maybe it's my marketing background but...I love it!!!!

There are so many bad ads out there, that I have to give this one 5 out of 5 smilies for making me laugh (even though I haven't actually seen it)!
:D :D :D :D :D

Slosh
03-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Lyrics to a Yes song to promote weedkiller?!?!
Hmmm, I always thought Yes lyrics were used to promote killerweed :confused: