What's Wrong With TNT on Their Horrible Out of Focus HD Broadcasts [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With TNT on Their Horrible Out of Focus HD Broadcasts

hershon
02-28-2005, 05:07 AM
I guess I really didn't notice this before because I don't think I ever tried to watch the TNT channel on HD on my widescreen HD TV but at least on Time Warner Cable in LA, the TNT HD channel's picture for all of their shows is drastically out of focus. I don't know if its this way on Satellite TV's or Cable TV outside of LA, but if it is, this company must think its viewers are morons. This is not my HD TV and it is typical of the HD TNT channel as I sampled a bunch of shows at different hours and all their episodes were out of focus.

This almost reminds me of the self congratulating police force in Wichita who think they're the greatest for capturing BTK 20+ years after the fact. I'm not in Law enforcement and haven't taken any criminology courses but anyone with half a brain could have arrested this guy 20 years ago as according to the Law Enforcement Profile, BTK was a white male who attended or graduated Wichita State University. All they had to do way back then was match any addresses of the victims to the vicinity of white male graduates of Wichita State. Had they done that BTK who lived on the same block as one of his earliest victims, would have at least been on their short list and he probably would have eventually been arrested. Yet all I see on TV is these guys beeming about how proud they are to arrest BTK when they should have been ashamed at why it took them so long.

eisforelectronic
03-01-2005, 12:58 AM
I don't think I've actually seen HD TNT out of focus, however that channel certainly does have some picture quality issues even here in Hawaii.

hershon
03-01-2005, 02:37 AM
I've actaully gotten very good service from Time Warner here in LA, but for some reason they don't carry UPN (I loves them brothers, LOL) & he WB in HD. Do you get them in HD in Hawia?

I don't think I've actually seen HD TNT out of focus, however that channel certainly does have some picture quality issues even here in Hawaii.