Yamaha RX-V vs HTR [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V vs HTR

Van Wilder
02-27-2005, 09:49 PM
My father bought a HTR-5760 and I just bought a RX-V650.

I find it strange that the HTR is build in Japan and my RX-V is build in Malaysia.

I thought both units were build at the same plant.

Plus the RX-V only have an english instruction manual, the manual of the HTR is english/french/spanish.

Another thing, my unit does have 3 little inputs on the rear panel for zone 2 remotes. Those aren't on the HTR-5760 and on the RX-V650 of the canadian web site. I wonder if I got a US receiver...

I don't want to sound picky but this is worrying me. :(

kexodusc
02-28-2005, 04:47 AM
The rules for declaring the country of origin (or where the unit is built) are pretty shoddy at best, basically where final assembly occurs. With the exception of North America which uses a more sensible determination, where the majority of assembly occurs. It's likely that these units are build between a few countries, but the final chassis for each is assembled at a different location.

I wouldn't worry about it. They have the same warranty and share the same technical service manual if you're interested. Specific features will vary by country so I don't know what to tell you about the zone 2 remote inputs. It's quite possible these were added in the middle of a "model year" though. Wouldn't be the first time.

Since the RX-V manual is english only, I'm inclined to believe it is the US model. It is rare that a product in Canada can escape consumer laws calling for french text in the manual.

If you were to open these up you'd see the majority of the components are identical. I wouldn't get too worked up about this.