Help Me Please! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!

bloomdog
02-27-2005, 05:31 PM
I purchased a Hitachi Projection TV 57TWX20B approx. 2 yrs. ago. I would like to take advantage of the DVI input. I recently purchased two different DVD players with DVI outputs. Unfortunately, neither would work with the TV. The first DVD player (Samsung)gave me just rolling squigley lines. The second dvd player/HDTV (made by LiteOn)receiver acted as if there was no dvi output whatsoever. Is there some incapatabity problem here? Does my Hitachi TV have the copy protection standard (HCP) built in? The isntructions on DVI input are very sparse. Is there some way to tell the TV to expect/accept a dvi input? Is anyone aware of any DVD players whose DVI output is known to be compatiblw with my TV? The same question for over-the-air HDTV receivers? Thank you.

Wireworm5
02-28-2005, 01:12 AM
My understanding is HDMI/HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) is the same thing. DVI would be the same but requires a cable adapter. Your new DVD players are probably HDCP, which means they will only work with a tv that is HDCP. My Panasonic HDtv connected with an HDMI which I recently purchased, will work in HD mode only if the source signal is 1080i.
You can also scroll down a page or two and read the DVI vs component thread.