Design ideas for HT???? I'm stuck!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Design ideas for HT???? I'm stuck!!!

pitshop
02-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Are there any good websites out there that show pics of people's HTs and give info about them. I'm trying to get some ideas on the decor of my room, but not having any luck. The "Pros" at the local Home Depot/Lowe's design centers don't know squat about designing a home theater (other than I need to line the walls with cork!!) If I could see some color schemes, designs, etc. it would help out greatly, but all I've been able to find so far are the $50K & up big dollar HTs and even though there is a good retailer here in town, I don't have the bucks to pay what they want to do it. I need somebody to come out, design a plan, and let me do the labor. Anything out there like that???????

RGA
02-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Are you trying to build a room or a good sound system -- the latter you could try here http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/index.php as they link to some articles for setting up a theater room.

Audio Video Interiors is a magazine that may help but seemingly for deeper pocketed folk. Still you can usually do most on the cheap.

pitshop
02-27-2005, 05:38 PM
I've got most of the equipment and the wall unit that will house the equipment. I'm just looking for some design ideas for the room itself as far as placement of furniture & speakers, color schemes (I've heard colors need to be as close to neutral gray as possible, but I cna't picture any gray rooms I've ever been in that looked good!!) Acoustical panels are something I'll build myself, but not sure where to place them for best results. Thanks RGA for the info on Audioholics...I'll try there and I'll pick up a copy of the mag & try the cheap version of some pics!
Thanks again....pitshop

AVMASTER
02-28-2005, 02:45 PM
you could get plenty of room ideas from any of the related magazines, i.e. Home Theater, Sound and Vision, etc... you could check out featurepres.com for pre-engineered theater interiors you could check out CEDIA website for a custom installer in your area to help you design the room