Sunfire Ultimate Sub EQ or Def Tech SuperCube I [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sunfire Ultimate Sub EQ or Def Tech SuperCube I

02-26-2005, 06:49 AM
anybody who has experience or oppinion on these 2 ? need a good sub that's not boomy. use to have a Velodyne VLF 1012 but they were discontinued. thanks.

chimera128
02-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Listen to both if you can. I liked the tightness of the supercube line (and they are small if space is an issue). But all speakers are a personal choice and you should never buy before you listen to them. If space is not an issue you should probably look into other subs that will perform just as well for less money. The cubes usually take more technology and amplifier power to make them have good output (they cost more).

02-27-2005, 03:43 AM
I actually did listen to them the other day and it seems like the sunfire has more tightness and lower bass through a Y cable input while the def tech seems to have a little boominess but was connected through a single subwoofer cable but I could get the def tech for $750.00 brand new and the sunfire for 35% off msrp also brand new. another thing is that they were in a separate room and no idea about there reliability and the quality speacially w/ there amp.

This Guy
02-27-2005, 09:17 AM
well if they were in different rooms, there's a good chance the sunfire would sound boomy in the position the Def tech was. Try to A-B them in one room in similar positions. This still wouldn't be as good as if they were in your own room, but the somparison will be better.

02-27-2005, 06:46 PM
I just been to one of their store a while a ago and I was able to convince the salesman to place the Sunfire and Def Tech side by side and from what I heard, the Def Tech sounded very low and tight just w/ a single sub cable connection but I'm gonna listen to it again this Tuesday just to be sure and I will bring my own Y connector. I'll keep u guys posted. thanks