Starz [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Starz

DPM
02-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Tonight, while perusing the shelves in Borders, I happened to stumble upon the new Starz reissues on Rykodisc. At $11.99 a pop I couldn't resist and ended up buying Starz, Violation and Attention Shoppers. (I used to own those last two on vinyl and 8 track back in the seventies.) Starz was one of those bands with an excellent reputation as far as their live show was concerned. Unfortunately, they never really broke beyond a small core of fans. They did have one minor hit back in 1977 called Cherry Baby. Does anyone here remember them?

Anyway, as an aside, while checking out with the three Starz CDs, I was informed by the cashier that I was entitled to a fourth disk. Seems Borders is having a buy-three-get-a-fourth-free sale. So, I picked up a two disk SACD of Berlioz's Requiem on RCA Living Stereo.

DM

Dave_G
02-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Starz?

Man I want to get those cd's NOW!

Thanks, I was wondering when they would come out.

They sound dated as hell (I still have the lp's), but maybe the seedeee version will have better sound.

Dave

Chrisgnat
02-28-2005, 01:18 PM
I saw Starz wedged between Judas Priest and REO Soeedwagon (headliners) at the Palladium,NYC in 1977. They were great! The lead singer was Rex Smith's brother and reminded me of 70's Steven Tyler.
I have their first one on vinyl, not sure if I need those CD''s ,though. LOL!