Bloc Party - Silent Alarm [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Mike
02-22-2005, 04:45 AM
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

This really took me by surprise, I generally don't like to follow the hype but this is really good for any band let alone a debut album, it's just chock full of killer infectious tracks. It's all about bass and drums with vocals and guitars pushed back in the mix, but you don't mind when they are this good, you can't help but tap along to them. Take the track Positive Tension if ever a song was apty titled this is it.

What's it sound like? well with influences from Joy Division, Dizzee Rascal, The Pixies even Madonna it's yer typical post punk indie band but then again they're not, they're just that little bit different. This one will easily make my top five albums of the year, you just know straightaway when you hear something you like that much. I think lots of folk around here will like this.

Cheers
Mike

Davey
02-22-2005, 07:41 AM
March 22 here in the colonies, same day as the new Decemberists. Good to hear that even old codgers like us (sorry, guess I should only speak for my old sagging carcass) can still get up and shake their monkey bones to the new kids on the block (or should I say bloc). Cool. Hate to hear all the hype when so many bands that are probably a lot more original can't get a peep, but I'll still pick it up. A lot better than Darius' favorite modern rock whipping boy band, Hoobastank! ;)

audiobill
02-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

This really took me by surprise, This one will easily make my top five albums of the year, you just know straightaway when you hear something you like that much. I think lots of folk around here will like this.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for the "headzup", Mike.

I'll be keeping my ears and eyes open for Bloc Party when it debuts on our shores.

Thanks, again,
Bill