Center channel speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Center channel speakers

sip
02-21-2005, 09:48 PM
I bought an Atena AS-C1 to go with my ASF2 front speakers but am unable to place on the top of the TV as it is too big for my TV wall unit. So, I placed the Center Channel speaker horizontally on top the wall unit (about 20 inches from the top of the TV. i.e. 20 inches below the celing i.e. about 6 feet from the floor). Also, it is not located on the center axis of the TV but more closer to right front speaker (I cannot keep the Center Channel speaker at the center of the wall unit because I keep my receiver on the top of the wall unit too). I tilted center channel speaker to aim it down to the sofa. Is this arrangement reasonably OK or should I buy the smaller Atena C.5 center channel speaker, which can be placed on top of my TV without a problem. The C.5 is probably not as good as ASC1 and belongs to Point 5 series whereas ASC1 and ASF2 are Athena Audtion series speakers.

paul_pci
02-21-2005, 10:34 PM
I bought an Atena AS-C1 to go with my ASF2 front speakers but am unable to place on the top of the TV as it is too big for my TV wall unit. So, I placed the Center Channel speaker horizontally on top the wall unit (about 20 inches from the top of the TV. i.e. 20 inches below the celing i.e. about 6 feet from the floor). Also, it is not located on the center axis of the TV but more closer to right front speaker (I cannot keep the Center Channel speaker at the center of the wall unit because I keep my receiver on the top of the wall unit too). I tilted center channel speaker to aim it down to the sofa. Is this arrangement reasonably OK or should I buy the smaller Atena C.5 center channel speaker, which can be placed on top of my TV without a problem. The C.5 is probably not as good as ASC1 and belongs to Point 5 series whereas ASC1 and ASF2 are Athena Audtion series speakers.

It's okay if it sounds okay to you which also means tweaking the delay settings on the receiver so that you are not hearing the fronts and center out of sync. The other question about whether to go with the smaller channel depends on how big the room is. Bigger center channels have bigger dispersion of sound which works well in larger rooms where a smaller speaker would not.

shokhead
02-22-2005, 06:41 AM
I thought we helped you in the other threads? All you can do is get it as close as you can to the placement that works and do as pci said,tweak the settings. Thats what the settings are for,unperfect setups and room shapes.